This a short list of frequently asked questions about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" (SM-T310) and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses.
Do not use this thread as a general helping thread.
Q1: How do I root my SM-T310?
- First you're gonna need a custom recovery installed.
- Download the following files to your computer: Odin, TWRP, Root
- Extract Odin into a new folder and then TWRP in Odon's folder. After that's done start the Odin tool and put your device into download mode. To do this, power it off and hold the Home + Volume Down + Power buttons until you see the warning screen.
- Once that's done, connect your device to your computer and wait till Odin recognizes it. If it doesn't usually an installation of Samsung Kies would fix it.
- After the device is recognized sucessfully click on the PDA button in Odin and navigate to the TWRP file location and load it.
- Wait for the PASS message and reboot your device. (Without disconnecting it)
- Once done, boot into TWRP and hold your device in portrait mode, tap Reboot on the bottom right of the screen and then select System on the next menu.
- Once you do this you will be asked to install root. If that doesn't work for your, copy the Root zip file to your SD Card, boot into TWRP and flash it as a normal zip.
To enter recovery, power off your device and hold Power + Volume Up buttons untill you see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 splash screen and let off the Power button untill it boots you into recovery.
Honestly, there is no "best". It's all based on personal choice. For example; I may like heavily customizing my ROMs whereas you may like it to look at basic as possible. The best thing you can do is to just test out different ROMs/kernels/modems and see which you prefer.
Also, please don't ask which is the best because your post will be deleted as it's against forum rules.
No you're not, but it is definitely a good idea, especially when flashing a ROM with an updated base, because if you don't do a backup and then something goes wrong, it means that you'll lose all your apps, data etc.
We all have different apps installed, use our phones for different amounts of time, have different ROMs and kernels installed etc. so we will all experience different results regarding battery life.
The only person who can make you want the device is you. If you're not sure whether to get this tablet, go to your local devices shop which has stock and have a test run of it for yourself. If you're not sure what device to get and want to compare between your choices, please use the following thread - Device Suggestion Thread