Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,122 Members 40,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 I337 4.4.2 rooting/flashing

Tip us?

bcashJMU
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S4 I337 4.4.2 rooting/flashing

Hey guys,

I successfully downgraded to MK2 from NB1 after taking the OTA update several weeks ago. I have rooted the MK2 and installed SS 3.72 with success on installing the recovery. I have tried multiple times following the guides on updating through ODIN to 4.4.2 again using GoldenEye and SkyFall and CM ROMs with no success. Each attempt ends with the phone not loading past the boot screen. It isn't bootlooping but pausing after the boot screen and not doing anything. What have I done wrong? I am getting tired of using this 4.3 rooted stock rom with no wifi. My data bill is going to be through the roof.

Maribou
Old
Thanks Meter 604
If you would have read the entire downgrade post you would know that there is a simple fix for WiFi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Code:
Parable 1,595,277,641
Like the instar, tunneling to the surface\n
We must shed our own circumferences;\n
Find the divinity within and emerge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maribou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bcashJMU
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I understand that there is a wifi fix for 4.3. However, that was not my main issue. I am trying to upgrade to a rooted 4.4.2 and followed the guide to a T as far as I know multiple times. Not having wifi between 4.3 and 4.4.2 was expected as I did not expect to be on 4.3 this wrong. I would really appreciate help on getting up to 4.4.2. The ROMs are not loading after the boot animations. Any ideas?

bcashJMU
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nevermind guys. I decided to just revert back to stock 4.4.2 via Odin. I appreciate all the work by the devs to put up these guides for us to follow, keep up the good work guys.