Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim Card issues. Please help?

Tip us?

Sheesey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Sim Card issues. Please help?

Alright so this problem arrives roughly a week ago. I was hoping it'd be gone by now, but nope. Worse than ever.

For reference. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. Unlocked LTE international version.
Roughly 2 months ago I rooted and flashed the Echoe a kitkat rom v18. I also have Philz recovery flashed....

My sim card keeps disconnecting while I'm not even using my phone. It doesn't even have to be moving. It just happens. I'll get a message from my phone saying that the sim card has disconnected and to restart to fix the problem..... This rarely works, as when I reboot, I get the error of no sim card.... its really started to get on my nerves. I doubt it's the sim card, as there's never been any problems with it. I will take it into my carrier today and have it swapped out for a new one.

I've seen this problem happen to other people on these threads,yet no answer has arrived. I've reset tp factory etc blah blah blah. I've even uninstalled the last 30 new apps I've installed, and the problem has yet to sort itself. I've tried taping the sim card, putting paper on the top and reinserting. Everything. It hasn't had any major drops for about 4 months so I doubt that is the issue. Only time it's dropped is when I drop it onto my bed....

Has anyone else had this problem? Have a fix? I can't stick it back under my warranty as I've flashed the recovery and rom... voids it does it not?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fevves
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I suppose it could depend on modem vs wrong RIL, but unsure. I had such behavior on my old S2, but fixed it with proper modem/RIL combo. Have you checked your logs in data/logs? How many of anomalous logs you have there?

Tried popping in another Sim card, just to exclude yours?
Actual phone:
SGS4 i9505 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Domination moded thanks to Vertumus
Xposed moded thanks to Rovo89
Wanam Xposed moded thanks to wanam
Manually debloated by removing 508mb of system apks
tbc

Old (& now sold) phone
SGS2 on Ice Cream Sandwich ROM:

dave106
Old
(Last edited by dave106; 1st May 2014 at 02:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 77
This happened to me. I was using a cut up full size card, replacing it with a micro sim solved it. I replaced the sim tray anyway just in case it was that. It was 5 min job and the parts like a fiver

Sent from my GT-I9500
Samsung Galaxy S4 - i9500 - Black Mist - 16GB with 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8.0" - SM-T310 - Midnight Black - 16GB

Sheesey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I've replaced the microsim with another microsim (both were originally microsims). .. unresolved. Nothing has happened for the past couple of days until it happened yesterday... now nonstop again. I know it's not the sim because it happened even after I replaced it. It just had a couple of quiet moments. Now I suppose my next try is for replacing the sim tray myself. Fingers crossed. Also. No, I wouldn't know a clue on how to even get my logs. Haven't even thought of it. I'll do that when I next get the problem and am forced to reboot. Thank you.

Sheesey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay so I've found something possibly helpful. I've only just noticed that this usually happens when my battery hits 100%. I've removed all apps that tell me my battery info..... I hope that was the cause. I'll update tomorrow.