Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Optus Au is close to releasing

Tip us?
 
xchasa
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 1,142
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Optus Au is close to releasing

Walked into an Optus store today to check a few handsets out.
While there, delivery of their Z2 stock arrived.
Still waiting for demo to check it out but looks like they'll be on sale real soon.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to xchasa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dilema
Old
#2  
dilema's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 234
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchasa View Post
Walked into an Optus store today to check a few handsets out.
While there, delivery of their Z2 stock arrived.
Still waiting for demo to check it out but looks like they'll be on sale real soon.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Picked mine up this morning. There's pretty limited stock available though. Had to try 3 stores.
Phone - Xperia Z2 D6503: Rooted 17.1.1.A.0.402 with various Xposed bits
Tablet - Xoom: OmniROM bigpart Nightlies Dead
New Tablet - Galaxy Tab 2 7": SOKP
The Following User Says Thank You to dilema For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tatit1011
Old
#3  
tatit1011's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 115
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilema View Post
Picked mine up this morning. There's pretty limited stock available though. Had to try 3 stores.
Hey, I was just wondering if the outright version of Z2 from Optus is sim unlocked & bootloader unlockable?
 
dilema
Old
#4  
dilema's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 234
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Not sure honestly, I doubt it would be sim unlocked. I'm sure you can unlock the bootloader, but I haven't tried
Phone - Xperia Z2 D6503: Rooted 17.1.1.A.0.402 with various Xposed bits
Tablet - Xoom: OmniROM bigpart Nightlies Dead
New Tablet - Galaxy Tab 2 7": SOKP
 
tatit1011
Old
#5  
tatit1011's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 115
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilema View Post
Not sure honestly, I doubt it would be sim unlocked. I'm sure you can unlock the bootloader, but I haven't tried
Could you maybe please check the bootloader status to see whether it can be unlocked?
you can check it by opening the dialer and typing *#*#7378423#*#* the go into service info> configuration> and look at where it says "bootloader unlocked allowed:" whether it says yes or no. Sorry if I'm asking too much, I'm just trying to decide whether I should buy it from Optus or not.
 
dilema
Old
#6  
dilema's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 234
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatit1011 View Post
Could you maybe please check the bootloader status to see whether it can be unlocked?
you can check it by opening the dialer and typing *#*#7378423#*#* the go into service info> configuration> and look at where it says "bootloader unlocked allowed:" whether it says yes or no. Sorry if I'm asking too much, I'm just trying to decide whether I should buy it from Optus or not.
Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes.
And i think i read right that it's not sim locked
Phone - Xperia Z2 D6503: Rooted 17.1.1.A.0.402 with various Xposed bits
Tablet - Xoom: OmniROM bigpart Nightlies Dead
New Tablet - Galaxy Tab 2 7": SOKP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dilema For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tatit1011
Old
#7  
tatit1011's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 115
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilema View Post
Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes.
And i think i read right that it's not sim locked
Thank you so much for your help
 
rexboy
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 272
Posts: 1,225
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchasa View Post
Walked into an Optus store today to check a few handsets out.
While there, delivery of their Z2 stock arrived.
Still waiting for demo to check it out but looks like they'll be on sale real soon.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Did you get the Adidas shoe promotion they are offering online worth $190. Just curious if its exclusive to online vs going into a store?

Ps Cant wait to get mine delivered tomorrow lol
 
xchasa
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 1,142
Join Date: Dec 2010
Haven't decided to buy just yet mate. Holding out to see the user reviews a bit more.
Let us know what you think when you get it too.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more