Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPS Switch with 4.4.2?

OP jideay

2nd May 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

188 posts
My Moto X came with a widget that could turn the location services on or off with having to open the settings. I'm guessing it was a motorola thing. I have not found anything for the s5 that will do it. Apparently its a google security thing? Any widgets out there that can do it?
2nd May 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay

My Moto X came with a widget that could turn the location services on or off with having to open the settings. I'm guessing it was a motorola thing. I have not found anything for the s5 that will do it. Apparently its a google security thing? Any widgets out there that can do it?

You can just edit the shortcuts on the notification panel pull down settings to show the "location" button. You can toggle it on and off from there with a pull down and a press, I have mine set up like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-02-17-36-12.png
Views:	46
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2722170  
2nd May 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

188 posts
Even with that, I still two separate Location Consents that I have to agree too.
4th May 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 589

824 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay

Even with that, I still two separate Location Consents that I have to agree too.

Have you tried long pressing the toggle and turning it off in settings?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 328

773 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodaserves

Yeah like ks3 Have you tried long pressing the toggle and turning it off in settings?

Who are you? You've commented on literally every thread in the S5 forums just repeating what someone else says/suggests...
6th May 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 207

589 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisg34

Who are you? You've commented on literally every thread in the S5 forums just repeating what someone else says/suggests...

Apparently a troll.. I've been noticing that too. I just ignore them, whoever they are.

to OP. That's because the Location Services are in depth. I believe I had two Approvals when I turned mine on the first time.
6th May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

188 posts
Well, I guess I'll leave it on since it doesn't drain the battery unless its in use. Thanks everyone (troll excluded).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread