Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Advice

Tip us?

gsusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Root Advice

Hi All,

I'm wanting to root my Z1, problem is i'm a bit worried as I've not rooted a sony before and it appears a bit more involved than HTC / Nexus etc.

I'm on 4.4.2, bootloader is locked, phone is sim unlocked.

Can anyone recommend the best available process for this as I've seen a few possible solutions and just dont want to brick my phone !!!!

Many thanks

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
There is no any problem if you just follow the instructions on the specific thread, which I suppose you know which one, to root your 4.4.2 KK .757 FW.

Install DualRecovery, Flash Pre-Rooted KK by NUT. Done.

..and don't be paranoid......just flash it...lol..

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

..I forgot...before anything you have to flash via Flashtool the .534 FW then install Dual recovery and Pre-Rooted...Sorry ..my bad...sometime I get lost...too many things...lol...
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]