Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to avoid automatic ScreenMirroring to the last known Mirroring Device?

Tip us?

KayJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to avoid automatic ScreenMirroring to the last known Mirroring Device?

Hi,

I have a test setup with 2 Samsung HomeSync Boxes; each one connected to a display.

When I manually connect a Mobile to Box1, the Mobile content is mirrored to Display1.
In a second run I'd like to connect to Box2. But unfortunately a connection is automatically established to Box1 (since this was the last known connection, I guess). I have to cancel the connection process and have to select the other box. I really need to avoid this.

Is it possible to somehow avoid the automatic connection? My hope was that it would be sufficient to clear the app cache and/or data. But it didn't solve the problem. Any ideas where the information about the last connected mirroring device might be stored? By clearing this information I'd assume that I'd have to select a Box by myself.

Thanks for your help!

Kathrin

PS: I'm also working with the Allshare Framework from Samsung, but it doesn't provide anything useful for my problem...

KayJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
*bump

Qyngali
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried tapping the phone on the box you want to control so it connects via NFC?