Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 37,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Issues

Tip us?

mattdb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Charging Issues

My gear 2 only seems to charge on Samsung chargers fast or plugged into a pc. If I use another type of charger, even the 2amp ones, it charges slow and doesn't even indicate that it is charging.

jonstatt
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdb View Post
My gear 2 only seems to charge on Samsung chargers fast or plugged into a pc. If I use another type of charger, even the 2amp ones, it charges slow and doesn't even indicate that it is charging.
I am wondering if it is meant to be charged fast... The charger that comes with the watch is only a 0.5A one!

mattdb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post
I am wondering if it is meant to be charged fast... The charger that comes with the watch is only a 0.5A one!
Yeah, that is what I thought, I tried some others and am getting the same result. I used my charger for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and it charged just fine.

jonstatt
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdb View Post
Yeah, that is what I thought, I tried some others and am getting the same result. I used my charger for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and it charged just fine.
Even though you found a charger that is fast charging it, I am wondering if maybe it is safer not to do this. The fact that the watch came with a 0.5A charger would suggest it may have issues charging fast (for example, over-heating concerns which may shorten the life of the watch). I could be completely wrong, but the difference to Samsung in cost with a 0.5A or 2A charger is probably pennies...so they must have done this intentionally.