Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One M8 replacement screen

Tip us?

cybergamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default HTC One M8 replacement screen

Hi Guys,

Thought i should post this story as some may find interesting

After having my new M8 for 4 days and leaving the phone screen up on my desk, my 4 year old while reaching for a stone she had previously brought me a few days earlier, dropped the stone straight onto the screen breaking it.

I wasn't too happy, but accidents happen and we have grown attached to her and my wife wouldn't let me put her up for adoption.

I tried a couple of local phone repairs places who all refused to take it on. Finally contacted HTC to see if they would repair. Firstly i tried the "why don't we have screen cover in Europe" which didn't work, in the end agreeing i would need to pay for the repair.

HTC organised UPS to collect and i have to say the service was excellent and you all will be pleased to hear total cost to replace screen, including pick up and return....106...

Yep surprised me too.

We may not have HTC advantage in Europe but at least they are not ripping us off either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cybergamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I hear you! Have a nearly 4 year old too, I can understand your pain!

That's not too bad a price really, good to know. The Advantage program looks to be heading our way soon:

http://www.htc.com/uk/go/advantage/

Out of interest, where did your phone get sent for repair? I know there is a HTC presence in Slough, no idea what they do from there however.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

cybergamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hi Chris,

HTC are now using Regenersis (Huntingdon) Regenersis (Huntingdon) Ltd Kingfisher Way Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Huntingdon.

Ill check out that link, i wonder if i could claim back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
I hear you! Have a nearly 4 year old too, I can understand your pain!

That's not too bad a price really, good to know. The Advantage program looks to be heading our way soon:

http://www.htc.com/uk/go/advantage/

Out of interest, where did your phone get sent for repair? I know there is a HTC presence in Slough, no idea what they do from there however.

The Following User Says Thank You to cybergamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergamer View Post
Hi Chris,

HTC are now using Regenersis (Huntingdon) Regenersis (Huntingdon) Ltd Kingfisher Way Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Huntingdon.

Ill check out that link, i wonder if i could claim back later.
Ok thanks for that. Was purely out of interest. Makes sense that they would outsource warranty repairs.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2882
I've had to use Regenersis before, were really good and turned my dead Sensation round in a few days. Was really impressed
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Good to know HTC are using a reliable vendor for repairs

ickleme79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC M8 Screen Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergamer View Post
Hi Guys,

Thought i should post this story as some may find interesting

After having my new M8 for 4 days and leaving the phone screen up on my desk, my 4 year old while reaching for a stone she had previously brought me a few days earlier, dropped the stone straight onto the screen breaking it.

I wasn't too happy, but accidents happen and we have grown attached to her and my wife wouldn't let me put her up for adoption.

I tried a couple of local phone repairs places who all refused to take it on. Finally contacted HTC to see if they would repair. Firstly i tried the "why don't we have screen cover in Europe" which didn't work, in the end agreeing i would need to pay for the repair.

HTC organised UPS to collect and i have to say the service was excellent and you all will be pleased to hear total cost to replace screen, including pick up and return....106...

Yep surprised me too.

We may not have HTC advantage in Europe but at least they are not ripping us off either.

Hi,

My puppy got hold of my HTC M8 this morning and I stumbled across this site looking for an idea of cost to repair, can I ask you how badly yours was damaged, mine in the the top right hand corner, but it appears to have affected the whole screen, touch still works all over it though so guessing that's a good thing?

I've arranged for them to pick it up tomorrow, dreading the bill, but got to have it fixed, only got it last Monday

Many thanks for any info

Jan

K0v4L
Old
Thanks Meter 21
106 is not too bad. My friend broke the screen in his sgs3. Screen with frame cost 119.

Onem8
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I paid 180 euro (150 pound) for a screen replacement here in belgium..
Device : HTC One M8 2.8Ghz "Gunmetal Gray"
Recovery : PhilZ Touch
Kernel : ElementalX
Rom : Android Revolution HD
Mods : Harman/Kardon | Sense 6 Toolbox