Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP 2.7.0.1 Bootloop Issue

Tip us?

djleez82
Old
(Last edited by djleez82; 6th May 2014 at 01:09 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] TWRP 2.7.0.1 Bootloop Issue

Hey guys, Ive had an issue that I just cant seem to fix.

A friend of mine has an LG GPad 8.3 like mine, and it has TWRP custom recovery with one of the new 4.4.2 w/root flashable firmware US version. He made the mistake of going into Backup and Reset in the settings menu in the OS and selected Restore Device to factory settings, and now Its locked into a permanent TWRP boot loop. I've tried everything I know including flashing numerous other ROMs, formatting virtually everything you can format in TWRP. Even after a new rom is successfully flashed, and you factory reset and everything else, upon reboot it will only go back to TWRP again. Over and over. Is there any way you guys can think of that can stop it from going into recovery and click into the proper boot sequence again? Cheers
Galaxy Mega 6.3 & LG G-Pad 8.3

aicjofs
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by djleez82 View Post
Hey guys, Ive had an issue that I just cant seem to fix.

A friend of mine has an LG GPad 8.3 like mine, and it has TWRP custom recovery with one of the new 4.4.2 w/root flashable firmware US version. He made the mistake of going into Backup and Reset in the settings menu in the OS and selected Restore Device to factory settings, and now Its locked into a permanent TWRP boot loop. I've tried everything I know including flashing numerous other ROMs, formatting virtually everything you can format in TWRP. Even after a new rom is successfully flashed, and you factory reset and everything else, upon reboot it will only go back to TWRP again. Over and over. Is there any way you guys can think of that can stop it from going into recovery and click into the proper boot sequence again? Cheers
Reset FOTA? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639822
Read my less technical and uncensored ramblings on Nabi Tablet modding
Nab Tab Hacks