Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 LED, Bug or Feature

Tip us?

Pixelase
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Nexus 5 LED, Bug or Feature

Dear developers, I am concerned about the behavior of the LED on the Nexus 5 devices while charging. On other devices with omnirom, when connected to the charger, LED just lit all the time. But on the Nexus 5 with Omnirom LED periodically blinks during charging. On other roms with LED everything is all right - LED continuously lit while device charging.
This is a bug or a special feature of the rom?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelase View Post
Dear developers, I am concerned about the behavior of the LED on the Nexus 5 devices while charging. On other devices with omnirom, when connected to the charger, LED just lit all the time. But on the Nexus 5 with Omnirom LED periodically blinks during charging. On other roms with LED everything is all right - LED continuously lit while device charging.
This is a bug or a special feature of the rom?
Standard Nexus 5 behavior we just haven't gotten around to changing (we've all been spread really thin with way too much to do and too little time). Submissions are always welcome.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pixelase
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Standard Nexus 5 behavior we just haven't gotten around to changing (we've all been spread really thin with way too much to do and too little time). Submissions are always welcome.
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I'm yet not good with the codding for such things. But I can say that the behavior of LED are very well implemented in slimrom. It would be great if someone could port it from there.
Best regards.