Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGH-i337M - Using mspy app - call recordings dont work (have kitkat 4.4.2 & Root)

Tip us?

dgl@iteso.mx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SGH-i337M - Using mspy app - call recordings dont work (have kitkat 4.4.2 & Root)

Hi All,

Im using the app in the Galaxy S4 SGH-i337m to record calls, but I can hear only the person who receives the call (I mean the person with the mspy app installed in the device).

Is there any way to change the configuration (Probably installing a ROM or patch) to make the recording calls through mspy.com available?

This device is same as Canadian and Mexico Models. I have used this app in other phones and works perfectly all call recordings are working 100% fine.

This might be a dumb question but I dont know how to figure this out, been reading a lot and trying to find out, like I mention in subject, this phone has kitkat 4.4.2 and is rooted, all other features of Mspy works fine but the call recording is not, and is pretty much the most important feature of the application.

Please help me to resolve this issue!!

dgl@iteso.mx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What mspy.com support response

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl@iteso.mx View Post
Hi All,

Im using the app in the Galaxy S4 SGH-i337m to record calls, but I can hear only the person who receives the call (I mean the person with the mspy app installed in the device).

Is there any way to change the configuration (Probably installing a ROM or patch) to make the recording calls through mspy.com available?

This device is same as Canadian and Mexico Models. I have used this app in other phones and works perfectly all call recordings are working 100% fine.

This might be a dumb question but I dont know how to figure this out, been reading a lot and trying to find out, like I mention in subject, this phone has kitkat 4.4.2 and is rooted, all other features of Mspy works fine but the call recording is not, and is pretty much the most important feature of the application.

Please help me to resolve this issue!!

Currently there are 2 ways of the conversation to be recorded: directly from the phone line and through the microphone of the device. In first case – all parties of the conversation will be recorded in a high-quality.

In second case – the recording is executed through the microphone which is usually situated in the bottom part of the phone and it can clearly record only the voice of the target device’s owner, but the other party may not be such clear. It means that the microphone “hears” only the echoes of sounds from the phone’s speaker, which is situated in the top part of the phone. It leads to the low-quality or one-sided recordings.

The possibility to record through the phone line is determined by the manufacturer and their policy. It means that in many countries (especially in EU) it is forbidden by the law to secretly perform a recording of the phone conversation. Therefore, many manufacturers are restricting this option from the firmware of the phone. It means that some of manufacturers still keep this option for phones, which will be used in countries without such law restrictions, and the others block this feature in firmware “just in case”.

In some cases there is a possibility to replace the official firmware of the phone on other official one and activate the option to record phone conversations (the localization of the phone may be kept). Moreover, it’s possible to find the alternative (unofficial) firmware with activated option of recording designed by freelancers. It is possible to install some special patches for some of phone models which will enable the option of conversation recording.

After thorough researches it was concluded that your particular target device will not have the possibility to record calls and this problem may not be resolved from our side due to those hardware issues (which were previously stated). You can make a research on your own and find the appropriate firmware for your target device; it may resolve your problem. However, we cannot take the responsibility for those researches and provide any guarantees.

Please accept our apologies!!!.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!