Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

International dialing?

Tip us?

Money2g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default International dialing?

Hey everyone. My dad just got a s5 and we synced up his Google account and got all his contacts and stuff on the phone. For some reason every time he makes a call to any of his contacts, the phone automatically puts a + in front of the number which makes it seem like a international call even though he's calling locally. Its really ticking him off and I've looked through the phone and call settings but can't seem to figure it out.

He's using a att straight talk Sim card and I've set up the APN settings from my phone to it so data is working. I changed the network setting from LTE/CDMA to gsm and that still didn't help.

Anyone know what the fix would be to this issue? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Money2g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I just checked the APN settings on the phone and it turns out there were no straight talk APN settings put in. My brother had told me he had done it but it turns out he didn't. I put the APN settings in and now the problem went away. Sorry for the thread folks. I'm not sure how to delete the thread.

Dennisg34
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2g View Post
I just checked the APN settings on the phone and it turns out there were no straight talk APN settings put in. My brother had told me he had done it but it turns out he didn't. I put the APN settings in and now the problem went away. Sorry for the thread folks. I'm not sure how to delete the thread.

You can ask a moderator to delete it

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOTED
ROM: Wizzle ROM
KERNEL:Stock
RECOVERY:SafeStrap 3.75

Galaxy S4
ROM: Eclipse ROM
KERNEL: KToonez
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.5

Before asking a question, use this: