Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Purchasing this phone

Tip us?

lnenad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Purchasing this phone

I'm interested in buying this phone and I the main reason for that is it's battery; So I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience. I currently have the Nexus 4 and I'm far from pleased, I want a phone that can last at least two days on a charge with some basic use (Facebook, Twitter, Internet, any game for 10 minutes, maybe some music for a couple of minutes). Is that possible with the G2?
LG Nexus 4 //// Nokia N900

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnenad View Post
I'm interested in buying this phone and I the main reason for that is it's battery; So I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience. I currently have the Nexus 4 and I'm far from pleased, I want a phone that can last at least two days on a charge with some basic use (Facebook, Twitter, Internet, any game for 10 minutes, maybe some music for a couple of minutes). Is that possible with the G2?
Probably. The G2's battery life is insane. I get a full day (8am-midnight) with about 30% left over under heavy use. Some people are getting 3-4 days out of light use.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

The Following User Says Thank You to player911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgolder
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I get between 40-46 hours usually at the minute. Between 5-7 hours screen on time at permanent 60% brightness, and plenty of usage. Don't use facebook app very much at all mind. Lots of email checking, messaging, up to 2 hours of music daily (play music streaming), checking news apps and so on.

I have rooted and deleted/frozen plenty of bloatware, flashed Simple Kernel v5, turned all animations etc off to try and eek out every bit of usage I can though. But honestly, it's an amazing phone, I came from a Nexus 4 too. Some tasteful mods and tweaks and it's even more of a monster.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgolder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]