Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to force 3g only on exynos model?

Tip us?

I.gonz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to force 3g only on exynos model?

Hi

I've been trying for a while now to force 3g only on my device and by that I mean change HSDPA revision to disable H+.

On my research it seems you can accomplish this by the service menu but I constantly get invalid code errors with special/"secret" codes, only a few work like imei.

Is it possible to access the menu in a different way or maybe something I can change to force the phone on 3g only?

Thanks in advance and if you want to know my reason is because h+ its not good signal but 3g is always strong.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 281

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.gonz View Post
Hi

I've been trying for a while now to force 3g only on my device and by that I mean change HSDPA revision to disable H+.

On my research it seems you can accomplish this by the service menu but I constantly get invalid code errors with special/"secret" codes, only a few work like imei.

Is it possible to access the menu in a different way or maybe something I can change to force the phone on 3g only?

Thanks in advance and if you want to know my reason is because h+ its not good signal but 3g is always strong.

U can select in WCDMA ONLY From settings, now what understand from your question is u want 3G signals only, according to me its depends on area where u r, if 3G signals are available in area u r u will get 3G signals otherwise no.

GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE

I.gonz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia View Post
U can select in WCDMA ONLY From settings, now what understand from your question is u want 3G signals only, according to me its depends on area where u r, if 3G signals are available in area u r u will get 3G signals otherwise no.
Yes but WCDMA will still jump from 3g to h+ on my old nexus it at possible to disable the h+ and force the phone to lock on gsm-3g.