No registration required

Unmount USB Flash OTG Storage

OP sharksfan7

6th May 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 62

187 posts
Is there a faster way to unmount a usb flash drive than going through Settings>Storage>Unmount? Tried to find a way to add a shortcut but doesn't seem option is available. I tried StickMount but when I unmount through that, it says the drive has been unmounted but it has not. It still shows up in the file explorer. And going to Settings>Storage shows it's still mounted. I would prefer if there was something in the notification panel (like what StickMount adds) or a Quick Settings tile I could just tap to unmount completely. Anyone know of an Xposed mod or something that can add this? Or a custom ROM that has this built in?
6th May 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 114

714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7

Is there a faster way to unmount a usb flash drive than going through Settings>Storage>Unmount? Tried to find a way to add a shortcut but doesn't seem option is available. I tried StickMount but when I unmount through that, it says the drive has been unmounted but it has not. It still shows up in the file explorer. And going to Settings>Storage shows it's still mounted. I would prefer if there was something in the notification panel (like what StickMount adds) or a Quick Settings tile I could just tap to unmount completely. Anyone know of an Xposed mod or something that can add this? Or a custom ROM that has this built in?

Uhm just unplug it. If the app that was using it has been terminated then the drive is not being read or written too any longer and data would not be corrupted. Android is not like a PC in the fact it constantly monitors a USB drive changes. So just unplug it. I do it all the time and have never had an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarenemy68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread