Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,396 Members 36,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ERROR] - HBOOT 1.44 - s-off using revone

Tip us?
 
sg86
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2013
Arrow [ERROR] - HBOOT 1.44 - s-off using revone

Hi all, been a while!

I'm trying to s-off so i can install a 4.4 ROM (google play edition), however having some difficulties. Firstly i tried rumrunner but i'll need to create a liveCD on 32bit ubuntu to run it (doesn't work on 64bit and i can't find what 32bit libs are needed to run it)

So i found revone, however i'm received this error:

Quote:
revone v0.2.1

revone failed (error code = 1)
After a little trawling i found this info that may be of use:

Quote:
mainver: 1.29.206.11
Not sure what else to try so any help/suggestions welcome
 
nkk71
Old
#2  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,924
Posts: 5,890
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg86 View Post
Hi all, been a while!

I'm trying to s-off so i can install a 4.4 ROM (google play edition), however having some difficulties. Firstly i tried rumrunner but i'll need to create a liveCD on 32bit ubuntu to run it (doesn't work on 64bit and i can't find what 32bit libs are needed to run it)

So i found revone, however i'm received this error:



After a little trawling i found this info that may be of use:



Not sure what else to try so any help/suggestions welcome
Use this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=251
 
sg86
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Why must i use a specific ROM for s-off? i was under the impression i could install any ROM i wish, i don't think your suggestion is a solution to my issue
 
nkk71
Old
#4  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,924
Posts: 5,890
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut


Quote:
Originally Posted by sg86 View Post
Why must i use a specific ROM for s-off? i was under the impression i could install any ROM i wish
You must not do anything you do not wish. Feel free to whatever you like.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sg86 View Post
Not sure what else to try so any help/suggestions welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg86 View Post
i don't think your suggestion is a solution to my issue
hmm

You wanted help and suggestions, and if i understood correctly, your question, was about getting revone to work, or did i misunderstand... you can get it to work in many many many ways, but if you want a method known to work, nice easy and simple, then just use that ROM (on hboot 1.44 with firmware 1.xx dated pre June 2013), to get it to work.

Then you'll have S-Off, and are free to flash anything you like.
 
sg86
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post




You must not do anything you do not wish. Feel free to whatever you like.





hmm

You wanted help and suggestions, and if i understood correctly, your question, was about getting revone to work, or did i misunderstand... you can get it to work in many many many ways, but if you want a method known to work, nice easy and simple, then just use that ROM (on hboot 1.44 with firmware 1.xx dated pre June 2013), to get it to work.

Then you'll have S-Off, and are free to flash anything you like.
What i meant was why was the suggestion to flash a ROM rather than every other method out there just doing the specific task. I mean if there is no better solution given then i'll do this but it seems a bit silly
 
nkk71
Old
#6  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,924
Posts: 5,890
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg86 View Post
What i meant was why was the suggestion to flash a ROM rather than every other method out there just doing the specific task. I mean if there is no better solution given then i'll do this but it seems a bit silly
Well first of all, i don't know if you really need S-Off at this point, but that is a decision only you can make.


On the other hand whether my reply is silly or not, you asked a specific question: [ERROR] - HBOOT 1.44 - s-off using revone
so i suggested if
1- hboot 1.44 dated before June 2013
2- firmware 1.xx (from "fastboot getvar all")
to use the ROM i mentioned, because it's worked for over 30 people by now.


But you can always:
1- continue to try revone until it works or not
2- try http://rumrunner.us/ which also has a Windows version, since you can't seem to make linux to work
3- try http://firewater-soff.com/
 
sg86
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Well first of all, i don't know if you really need S-Off at this point, but that is a decision only you can make.


On the other hand whether my reply is silly or not, you asked a specific question: [ERROR] - HBOOT 1.44 - s-off using revone
so i suggested if
1- hboot 1.44 dated before June 2013
2- firmware 1.xx (from "fastboot getvar all")
to use the ROM i mentioned, because it's worked for over 30 people by now.


But you can always:
1- continue to try revone until it works or not
2- try http://rumrunner.us/ which also has a Windows version, since you can't seem to make linux to work
3- try http://firewater-soff.com/
Ok, well i installed this ROM, the ROM works but when i boot into recovery it says 'S-ON'. Are there any other steps to turning it off? i just flashed the ROM from TWRP.

I want to install stock/vanilla 4.4, having looked around i'll probably try something like 'bigxie_m7_GPe_KRT16S_odexed-signed', its very difficult to find anything on these forums with so many ROMs being posted!

Thanks for the replies, i do appreciate it i'm just rather confused from what i've read. My end goal as mentioned is to install stock GPE the latest thats available
 
nkk71
Old
#8  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,924
Posts: 5,890
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg86 View Post
Ok, well i installed this ROM, the ROM works but when i boot into recovery it says 'S-ON'. Are there any other steps to turning it off? i just flashed the ROM from TWRP.

I want to install stock/vanilla 4.4, having looked around i'll probably try something like 'bigxie_m7_GPe_KRT16S_odexed-signed', its very difficult to find anything on these forums with so many ROMs being posted!

Thanks for the replies, i do appreciate it i'm just rather confused from what i've read. My end goal as mentioned is to install stock GPE the latest thats available
The ROM doesn't do the S-Off by itself, you have to do it

So if you now have that ROM i mentioned, just follow the revone instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314582

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more

Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more