Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing Folder

Tip us?

Rizzy6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Missing Folder

Hello, all. Long-time reader, first time poster. I have a stock GS3 and ran into a major issue last night. I was organizing my gallery and moving pictures to new folders. After I had finished moving the files I went to rename the folder but accidentally saved the name as "..." - now the folder has disappeared from my gallery and I cannot find it using the file manager. Can I find these pictures/is this folder somewhere on my phone? Important family photos that I do not want to lose! Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Robalboa
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzy6 View Post
Hello, all. Long-time reader, first time poster. I have a stock GS3 and ran into a major issue last night. I was organizing my gallery and moving pictures to new folders. After I had finished moving the files I went to rename the folder but accidentally saved the name as "..." - now the folder has disappeared from my gallery and I cannot find it using the file manager. Can I find these pictures/is this folder somewhere on my phone? Important family photos that I do not want to lose! Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
If your phone is rooted use es file Explorer and click in settings show hidden folders. It may work without root

Sent from my SPH-L710
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robalboa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rizzy6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalboa View Post
If your phone is rooted use es file Explorer and click in settings show hidden folders. It may work without root

Sent from my SPH-L710
It worked! THANK YOU!

Robalboa
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzy6 View Post
It worked! THANK YOU!
Your welcome

Sent from my SPH-L710