Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there an stable kitkat for vibrant?

Tip us?

fscussel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Is there an stable kitkat for vibrant?

Is there any kitkat rom mature enough to daily use in Vibrant? what about CM do they have a kitkat rom for Vibrant?

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 431
the dev section has plenty of 4.4.2 roms to go around if you would have checked you would of know...
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.0
KERNEL: Stock CM

Nickarus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm finding resurrection remix kitkat to be a relatively stable/reliable option, though I'm finding google voice in particular to be underperforming (might just be Voice, but having very delayed notifications and app startup - it's as though something is getting in teh way of it running/polling in the background?) so if you're also in the boat of Voice users, I'm considering rolling back to something earlier this weekend.

Also having trouble getting my current favorite time waster app (Puzzle & Dragons) to play nicely - hoping a reflash might be just the ticket!

fscussel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
the dev section has plenty of 4.4.2 roms to go around if you would have checked you would of know...
no comment in your ***** reply.

fscussel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarus View Post
I'm finding resurrection remix kitkat to be a relatively stable/reliable option, though I'm finding google voice in particular to be underperforming (might just be Voice, but having very delayed notifications and app startup - it's as though something is getting in teh way of it running/polling in the background?) so if you're also in the boat of Voice users, I'm considering rolling back to something earlier this weekend.

Also having trouble getting my current favorite time waster app (Puzzle & Dragons) to play nicely - hoping a reflash might be just the ticket!
what about CM, is it stopped? I've checked and the latest nightly is from february, have you tried?

Nickarus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fscussel View Post
what about CM, is it stopped? I've checked and the latest nightly is from february, have you tried?
My last CM install was the 10.2 10/25 build around that time... used it for a few weeks and ended up frustrated with background data usage I couldn't tweak out. Since that time moved on to slimbean, slimROM, and now RR KitKat.

Would be interested to hear myself how the most recent CM build fares.

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by fscussel View Post
no comment in your ***** reply.
haha make a nand and find out your self, trial and error. thats the whole point of being rooted right? what rom/kernel may work for xyz user but might not for you, due to not all phones are not created equal due to hardware being created in batches. plus these type of threads will just lead to "is xyz rom better than xyz rom?", which is highly frowned upon by the community!

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.0
KERNEL: Stock CM

Flare_x13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The only way to really know is by trail and error try yourself the aviliable KK roms and see what works for you the slim roms are great bit there still on nightlies for there KK version for the vibrantgood luck and have fun with this