Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] Disabling Headset Button Control

OP dman2073

12th April 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Okay, I've searched everywhere for a free solution to this problem and have found none. After listening to music, I pause it and put my phone in my pocket, headphones wrapped around it. Everything's fine and dandy, but while in my pocket, the button on the urBeats turns on the music. This is not the worst part. If the button is double clicked, it calls the most recent number. I called my grandma 5 times yesterday. She was quite concerned. How do i change what the button does/disable it altogether? Thanks for answering.
21st April 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thumbs up bump...
nobody else has this issue?
21st April 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 33

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman2073

nobody else has this issue?

I've had this issue too, running several different ROM's. I listen to iHeart radio while I run in the morning. and keep the phone in my sweatshirt pocket with screen turned off. As I run, and the phone bounces up and down, my phone spazzes out! It changes channel spontaneously, goes to google now search, prompting me to say something, and also as above, calls the last number called. When I run at 4:30 in the morning, this can be a problem. I thought it was just my headphones, but this may be a more wide-spread problem. This has happened to me while running AOSP (liquid smooth) and Sense (Nusense 6) I don't think it has anything to do with buttons, but I notice that if I twist the headphone jack around in the socket, it reproduces the problem. Anybody else?
22nd April 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2

I've had this issue too, running several different ROM's. I listen to iHeart radio while I run in the morning. and keep the phone in my sweatshirt pocket with screen turned off. As I run, and the phone bounces up and down, my phone spazzes out! It changes channel spontaneously, goes to google now search, prompting me to say something, and also as above, calls the last number called. When I run at 4:30 in the morning, this can be a problem. I thought it was just my headphones, but this may be a more wide-spread problem. This has happened to me while running AOSP (liquid smooth) and Sense (Nusense 6) I don't think it has anything to do with buttons, but I notice that if I twist the headphone jack around in the socket, it reproduces the problem. Anybody else?

I'm on ViperROM for future reference and the issue for me is definitely the button. One click turns on music, two clicks dials the last number. Holding it down opens google search. All of this is easily replicable. It happens in my pocket all the time and I want it to stop
26th April 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
bump.....
bump.....
29th April 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,143

4,991 posts
Donate to Me
More
I hate how it does that too. You can't even skip tracks with the headset. Someone needs to make an xposed thing for this.
30th April 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 33

139 posts
Funny, switching headphones solved the problem for me. I was using jaw breaker ear buds, before, and tossed them (they had been through the washer a couple times anyway) Using the ear buds that came with my old Samsung GSIII, and they work fine with no skips, random calls, or google now prompts. Go figure. Read somewhere that it has to do with how securely the headset plug is held in the jack. Anyone else?
6th May 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf

I hate how it does that too. You can't even skip tracks with the headset. Someone needs to make an xposed thing for this.

ok i found a xposed thing that does that, but it only works when music is playing so if the music app is closed, it will still call people with a double click (which i want disabled entirely). so this problem is only kinda solved with that. i wish there was something like it that was configurable.
thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2423160

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread