Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do we have a browser yet?

Tip us?

chalkycroissant
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSerpas View Post
Then maybe I should get started on the pdf reader I've been thinking about
I have finals tomorrow, hurry this up!
I keed

BJSerpas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkycroissant View Post
I have finals tomorrow, hurry this up!
I keed
Off topic-
Try a TI-89, works great!

chalkycroissant
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSerpas View Post
Off topic-
Try a TI-89, works great!
I do have one, and it worked great in Highschool. Sadly, my college wont let use graphing calculators on tests

BlackZenith
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoid View Post
Some kind of situation when you want to check things without hands free? Checking live train times while carrying luggage or checking football scores while it's raining perhaps?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
How would you navigate an app or browser without using you hands/fingers? Your football score scenario is already accomplished via ESPNs Score Center app. It can be configured to send notifications based on team preferences (i.e. notify of scoring plays during your fav team games).

And now that I think about it, if only the Google Maps app could be configured to send turn-by-turn notifications, we would sort of have GPS on our Gears.
Note 3 + Gear 2

rEVOLVE
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenith View Post
How would you navigate an app or browser without using you hands/fingers? Your football score scenario is already accomplished via ESPNs Score Center app. It can be configured to send notifications based on team preferences (i.e. notify of scoring plays during your fav team games).

And now that I think about it, if only the Google Maps app could be configured to send turn-by-turn notifications, we would sort of have GPS on our Gears.
oh I forgot about the turn by turn functionality - Pebbles can do this, even though I never got a chance to use it since my phone is mounted on my dashboard. Would be useful when walking in a city, though - without keeping your phone out. The problem of course is the watchscreen turns off again and you have to touch the watch and navigate to the app again to see the next direction.

BlackZenith
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEVOLVE View Post
oh I forgot about the turn by turn functionality - Pebbles can do this, even though I never got a chance to use it since my phone is mounted on my dashboard. Would be useful when walking in a city, though - without keeping your phone out. The problem of course is the watchscreen turns off again and you have to touch the watch and navigate to the app again to see the next direction.
Yep, and shortly after I posted this I came up with an article about that Pebble feature... however, it seems it is limited to the iOS version of Google Maps because it is able to send normal push notifications for each turn.
Note 3 + Gear 2