Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Do we have a browser yet?

OP BJSerpas

5th May 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSerpas

Then maybe I should get started on the pdf reader I've been thinking about

I have finals tomorrow, hurry this up!
I keed
5th May 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkycroissant

I have finals tomorrow, hurry this up!
I keed

Off topic-
Try a TI-89, works great!
5th May 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSerpas

Off topic-
Try a TI-89, works great!

I do have one, and it worked great in Highschool. Sadly, my college wont let use graphing calculators on tests
6th May 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 62

255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoid

Some kind of situation when you want to check things without hands free? Checking live train times while carrying luggage or checking football scores while it's raining perhaps?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

How would you navigate an app or browser without using you hands/fingers? Your football score scenario is already accomplished via ESPNs Score Center app. It can be configured to send notifications based on team preferences (i.e. notify of scoring plays during your fav team games).

And now that I think about it, if only the Google Maps app could be configured to send turn-by-turn notifications, we would sort of have GPS on our Gears.
6th May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 68

343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenith

How would you navigate an app or browser without using you hands/fingers? Your football score scenario is already accomplished via ESPNs Score Center app. It can be configured to send notifications based on team preferences (i.e. notify of scoring plays during your fav team games).

And now that I think about it, if only the Google Maps app could be configured to send turn-by-turn notifications, we would sort of have GPS on our Gears.

oh I forgot about the turn by turn functionality - Pebbles can do this, even though I never got a chance to use it since my phone is mounted on my dashboard. Would be useful when walking in a city, though - without keeping your phone out. The problem of course is the watchscreen turns off again and you have to touch the watch and navigate to the app again to see the next direction.
6th May 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 62

255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEVOLVE

oh I forgot about the turn by turn functionality - Pebbles can do this, even though I never got a chance to use it since my phone is mounted on my dashboard. Would be useful when walking in a city, though - without keeping your phone out. The problem of course is the watchscreen turns off again and you have to touch the watch and navigate to the app again to see the next direction.

Yep, and shortly after I posted this I came up with an article about that Pebble feature... however, it seems it is limited to the iOS version of Google Maps because it is able to send normal push notifications for each turn.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread