Gear 2 Neo - default speaker for answering calls

OP Mike Dafos

29th April 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
I am using a Gear 2 Neo with a HTC One Max T6UL, factory software.

After I installed gear manager, the Gear 2 Neo automatically sets itself as the default speaker to answer calls on.

When I accept a call, the audio automatically goes to the Gear 2 Neo. The only way for me to change this is to first answer the call on the Neo, and then I can change the audio source to the phones speaker. I cannot find anywhere on my phone or the gear manager to default the speaker to the phones internal speaker or disable answering calls on the Neo altogether.

Does anyone know a fix for this or a workaround?

Cheers.
30th April 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

35 posts
As far as I know if you answer a call on the watch it's on the watch and you can then transfer is to the phone. But I dunt think there's another way around that currently.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Flag XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 10,021

10,463 posts
More
The only way is to have an app such as Tasker or LLama on the phone (with the Secure Settings plugin installed).

With either one of those apps you can set up a profile to automatically disconnect the Neo when they detect a call coming in. I'm doing that now, but it's not perfect. Still better ththan my whole office hearing my conversations! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to NRGZ28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28

The only way is to have an app such as Tasker or LLama on the phone (with the Secure Settings plugin installed).

With either one of those apps you can set up a profile to automatically disconnect the Neo when they detect a call coming in. I'm doing that now, but it's not perfect. Still better ththan my whole office hearing my conversations! lol

Thanks for this info. I will try it out and see how it goes. Cheers.
6th May 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I just received my htc one max and Samsung gear 2 neo. Can you point out please how you got this to work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread