MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Network settings for KitKat and T-Mobile? Stock is fine

3rd May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I have a Razr HD MAXX with an unlocked bootloader, and I've done the NV edit so that it works on US GSM networks (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.).

When it's running a stock rom, all I have to do to get onto T-Mobile is go under network settings and select 'GSM/UMTS', and bam I'm connected getting great speeds. With every 4.4 rom I've tried, there are WAY more options under network settings including probably 8 options that contain GSM in one way or another, but after going through every option on the list and then turning airplane mode on/off, not a single one gives me any signal whatsoever, let alone a data connection.

There are a couple GSM options that let me search for network providers, and it finds T-Mobile and AT&T, but then selecting T-Mobile just hangs on a screen that says 'registering with T-Mobile' (what??) and eventually that times out and I still have no connection.

Sorry if this is a simple or common issue, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this on the newer roms so I'm worried it's just me.
6th May 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 23

233 posts
Retack my man, I am going through the same thing with these unified builds. I've been using slimkat because they have yet to unify the moto builds. I too would very much love to be able to use some of these unified builds like PA but I can't get T-Mobile to work on them. Apparently it's because the roms are detecting the XT926 board and therefore writing the build prop for an XT926 when we need them configured for the XT925.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD
6th May 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

145 posts
More
You may have already researched that further, but shouldn't setting it to "global" mode work for all variations? I have an XT925, and the first unified builds didn't work at all for me on GSM networks, but meanwhile, the "global" settings works great..

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 11

117 posts
More
Patch for GSM
I don't if it will help but I found this patch online when I was having trouble with GSM networks abroad. Don't know if it did anything but wouldn't hurt I suppose. http://www.internauta37.altervista.o...phones-android
6th May 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 3,244

1,389 posts
Donate to Me
More
Which CM11 build have you tried?
GSM should work on xt926 since this commit (made on March 7): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...51d0f08b1705df
The Following User Says Thank You to kabaldan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 23

233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanGA

You may have already researched that further, but shouldn't setting it to "global" mode work for all variations? I have an XT925, and the first unified builds didn't work at all for me on GSM networks, but meanwhile, the "global" settings works great..

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I wish it would but setting it to global doesn't work. I too am using the RAZR Maxx HD with a T-Mobile Sim. I'm currently on slimkat XT925 version cause its the only thing that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan

Which CM11 build have you tried?
GSM should work on xt926 since this commit (made on March 7): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...51d0f08b1705df

I tried today's build but no luck

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank