Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hard bricked my One S - Please help!

OP supermasenko

6th May 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So today I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC one S.

I followed a guide (the usual procedure: unlock bootloader, root, flash recovery. i can't post links due to being new so i can't post it). Everything when fine until I flashed the recovery (CWM 5.8). As soon as this was done my phone went off and couldn't be switched on again.
When I press the power button for 20+ seconds nothing at all happens.
When I hold the Vol- button and the power key the LED comes on (as it is charging right now) and disappears after 5 seconds.
I also had rather low battery (~35%) when unlocking bootloader and rooting, but flashing the recovery went fine. It completed as far as I know.

Please help me. Thanks in advance! I searched dozens of threads but none could resolve my problem.
6th May 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermasenko

So today I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC one S.

I followed a guide (the usual procedure: unlock bootloader, root, flash recovery. i can't post links due to being new so i can't post it). Everything when fine until I flashed the recovery (CWM 5.8). As soon as this was done my phone went off and couldn't be switched on again.
When I press the power button for 20+ seconds nothing at all happens.
When I hold the Vol- button and the power key the LED comes on (as it is charging right now) and disappears after 5 seconds.
I also had rather low battery (~35%) when unlocking bootloader and rooting, but flashing the recovery went fine. It completed as far as I know.

Please help me. Thanks in advance! I searched dozens of threads but none could resolve my problem.

Where you got CWM 5.8 from? Its for a reason that every guide tells you to flash only with battery 70%+ ...
6th May 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Where you got CWM 5.8 from? Its for a reason that every guide tells you to flash only with battery 70%+ ...

From the guide. I suppose it was a bit out of date. I know I should have waited and charged. Anything I could try?
6th May 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #4  
Lübeck

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:

From the guide. I suppose it was a bit out of date. I know I should have waited and charged. Anything I could try?

From which guide?? Does your phone charge wihile connected to a wall charger?
6th May 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

From which guide?? Does your phone charge wihile connected to a wall charger?

From the guide install cyanogenmod on htc one s on androidpit.de. I can't post links as a new member.
I am not sure whether it charges or not to be honest, the LED doesn't light up, but sometimes it didn't when I charged it in the past.
6th May 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #6  
Lübeck

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:

From the guide install cyanogenmod on htc one s on androidpit.de. I can't post links as a new member.
I am not sure whether it charges or not to be honest, the LED doesn't light up, but sometimes it didn't when I charged it in the past.

Send me the link via private message please. I can't find the guide.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread