FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Hard bricked my One S - Please help!

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By supermasenko, Junior Member on 6th May 2014, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So today I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC one S.

I followed a guide (the usual procedure: unlock bootloader, root, flash recovery. i can't post links due to being new so i can't post it). Everything when fine until I flashed the recovery (CWM 5.8). As soon as this was done my phone went off and couldn't be switched on again.
When I press the power button for 20+ seconds nothing at all happens.
When I hold the Vol- button and the power key the LED comes on (as it is charging right now) and disappears after 5 seconds.
I also had rather low battery (~35%) when unlocking bootloader and rooting, but flashing the recovery went fine. It completed as far as I know.

Please help me. Thanks in advance! I searched dozens of threads but none could resolve my problem.
 
 
6th May 2014, 06:36 PM |#2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 967
 
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermasenko

So today I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC one S.

I followed a guide (the usual procedure: unlock bootloader, root, flash recovery. i can't post links due to being new so i can't post it). Everything when fine until I flashed the recovery (CWM 5.8). As soon as this was done my phone went off and couldn't be switched on again.
When I press the power button for 20+ seconds nothing at all happens.
When I hold the Vol- button and the power key the LED comes on (as it is charging right now) and disappears after 5 seconds.
I also had rather low battery (~35%) when unlocking bootloader and rooting, but flashing the recovery went fine. It completed as far as I know.

Please help me. Thanks in advance! I searched dozens of threads but none could resolve my problem.

Where you got CWM 5.8 from? Its for a reason that every guide tells you to flash only with battery 70%+ ...
6th May 2014, 06:44 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Where you got CWM 5.8 from? Its for a reason that every guide tells you to flash only with battery 70%+ ...

From the guide. I suppose it was a bit out of date. I know I should have waited and charged. Anything I could try?
6th May 2014, 07:06 PM |#4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 967
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermasenko

From the guide. I suppose it was a bit out of date. I know I should have waited and charged. Anything I could try?

From which guide?? Does your phone charge wihile connected to a wall charger?
6th May 2014, 08:32 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

From which guide?? Does your phone charge wihile connected to a wall charger?

From the guide install cyanogenmod on htc one s on androidpit.de. I can't post links as a new member.
I am not sure whether it charges or not to be honest, the LED doesn't light up, but sometimes it didn't when I charged it in the past.
6th May 2014, 08:38 PM |#6  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 967
 
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermasenko

From the guide install cyanogenmod on htc one s on androidpit.de. I can't post links as a new member.
I am not sure whether it charges or not to be honest, the LED doesn't light up, but sometimes it didn't when I charged it in the past.

Send me the link via private message please. I can't find the guide.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes