Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omate-Iconbit-etc and iPhone

Tip us?

pepesr1000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Omate-Iconbit-etc and iPhone

Any tool available to get notifications from iPhone (mails, SMS, calls, Whatsapp, ...) via BT?

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 54
No. The iPhone requires BTLE for such capabilities, but Android 4.2.2 as shipped on the TrueSmart does not support BTLE.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dragonfly1113
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepesr1000 View Post
Any tool available to get notifications from iPhone (mails, SMS, calls, Whatsapp, ...) via BT?
buy an android phone all problems solved and your device will be upgraded

pepesr1000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999 View Post
No. The iPhone requires BTLE for such capabilities, but Android 4.2.2 as shipped on the TrueSmart does not support BTLE.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Understood.

Then I have the following points:
- would Android 4.3 for TrueSmart come soon and with BLE support?
- is it possible to easily add a BT stack that supports BLE to the existing Android 4.2.2? Samsung for example has a BT stack that supports BLE on Android previous to 4.3; and some apps support BLE even if the android base system does not (for example some running tools to connect to heart rate bands, or to BT tags)
- I find the support of BLE is key feature. As other users, I am now using my smart watch for tracking my runs, but With respect to my previous running watch I can't use the Heart Rate Band anymore. Again some apps (runkeeper and so) may even if the support is not i cluded by default in the OS, but who wants to start buying sensors just to try?
- And, once there will be BLE support in our Smartwatch, would there be a solution for connecting to an iPhone?

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 54
There will probably never be an update to provide BTLE or Android 4.3+ for the Omate TrueSmart.

The company that makes the chipset the TrueSmart uses is MediaTek and they are notorious for not providing compilable source to the public for their reference designs. They are a hideous festering sore on the Android Open Source community and I recommend we avoid buying any products based on their chipsets.

Umeox, however it is spelled, actually made the TrueSmart and all the other x201 devices. Their programmers are incompetent.

Omate is really a division/spinoff of Umeox and I don't think they actually have even a single programmer even up to the level of the Umeox incompetents on their staff.

Sell the TrueSmart for whatever you can get for it and don't buy any more Android products based on MediaTek chipsets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk