Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Motorola Moto G Fastboot drivers

Tip us?

derekokelly
Old
(Last edited by derekokelly; 31st March 2014 at 12:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Motorola Moto G Fastboot drivers

Hello.

I own a Moto G (Global GSM) running CyanogenMod 11 rooted with TWRP recovery and the bootloader is unlocked. I have been trying to go back to the stock firmware using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 but I have a problem. The adb drivers for my device work fine when I am in the system or in the recovery, but don't work in the bootloader. I am able to type "adb reboot bootloader" when I'm in the system/recovery and it will follow the command, but once I get into the bootloader it stops. When I type "adb devices" a line saying "List of devices attached" comes up with nothing underneath it.

I am completely lost and would greatly appreciate any help. Also I am new to XDA.

Thank you

PhaseBeta
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekokelly View Post
Hello.

I own a Moto G (GSM) running CyanogenMod 11 rooted with TWRP recovery and the bootloader is unlocked. I have been trying to go back to the stock firmware using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 but I have a problem. The adb drivers for my device work fine when I am in the system or in the recovery, but don't work in the bootloader. I am able to type "adb reboot bootloader" when I'm in the system/recovery and it will follow the command, but once I get into the bootloader it stops. When I type "adb devices" a line saying "List of devices attached" comes up with nothing underneath it.

I am completely lost and would greatly appreciate any help. Also I am new to XDA.

Thank you
When you are in bootloader you have to use fastboot. Type 'fastboot devices' and you'll see the connected device. Refer this guide "[Guide] How To Setup And Use Fastboot" for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
Hit the "Thanks" button if you think I helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to PhaseBeta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

derekokelly
Old
(Last edited by derekokelly; 29th March 2014 at 07:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Type 'fastboot devices' and you'll see the connected device.
When I do this, a blank line comes up underneath "List of devices attached". I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

PhaseBeta
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekokelly View Post
When I do this, a blank line comes up underneath "List of devices attached". I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Have you enabled 'USB Debugging' in Settings and allowed your computer to access it?
The Following User Says Thank You to PhaseBeta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

derekokelly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseBeta View Post
Have you enabled 'USB Debugging' in Settings and allowed your computer to access it?
Yes, I did. It has something to do with the ROM that I was on. For some reason, it won't recognise my device anymore, no matter what ROM I use. It doesn't really bother me though, there's plenty of ways to do things nowadays.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
USB Debugging nor the rom have anything to do with fastboot.

Are you using a Windows PC? If so, when in bootloader mode, check your Device Manager and see if the driver is loading correctly. If it isn't, it'll have a yellow exclamation symbol next to it. If that's the case, you'll just need to manually load the driver from there.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)