[Q] Did I just brick my s4?

OP fael097

6th May 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Hi, I have a rooted galaxy s4 LTE with android 4.3, and was going to update to 4.4.2 via odin 3.09, but during the middle of the installation, I heard a usb disconnection sound, and a red light saying fail appeared on odin. I waited a while, but nothing, and when I restarted my phone, I got that message "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again" with some odin console messages on top.

I don't know why I can't recover with kies, nothing shows up on the list, and I tried to flash again with odin, using the same rom, but it failed.

what should I do?

I downloaded the official rom from sammobile.

thanks in advance
6th May 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fael097

Hi, I have a rooted galaxy s4 LTE with android 4.3, and was going to update to 4.4.2 via odin 3.09, but during the middle of the installation, I heard a usb disconnection sound, and a red light saying fail appeared on odin. I waited a while, but nothing, and when I restarted my phone, I got that message "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again" with some odin console messages on top.

I don't know why I can't recover with kies, nothing shows up on the list, and I tried to flash again with odin, using the same rom, but it failed.

what should I do?

I downloaded the official rom from sammobile.

thanks in advance

i had the same problem before! it was the usb ports in my pc ! i changed pc, i used my laptopt and everything were ok! just test another usb port or another pc using odin and original rom and everything should be ok! Dont panic ur phone is ok

remember always to run odin as administrator
Last edited by georgetcib1; 6th May 2014 at 10:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to georgetcib1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
hey! yeah, apparently it was those front usb ports, both of them weren't working properly, when I connected to another usb behind the computer it worked fine installing the same rom through odin.

phew!

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread