Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root

Tip us?

treIII
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 435
Default Root

Can I flash twrp in place of the stock recovery and obtain root like that? Then I could unlock the boot loader using a method other than HTC dev posted here in xda Then I could s off .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,420
No you need unlocked boot loader and custom recovery to obtain Root..if you have a Verizon device or so you could try weaksauce temp Root method but it doesn't work with international device....

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

treIII
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master View Post
No you need unlocked boot loader and custom recovery to obtain Root..if you have a Verizon device or so you could try weaksauce temp Root method but it doesn't work with international device....

I have t mobile. I installed weak sauce app but every time it say s to agree to root it then says unfortunately weak sauce has stopped and closes

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII View Post
I have t mobile. I installed weak sauce app but every time it say s to agree to root it then says unfortunately weak sauce has stopped and closes

Then it won't work and you have to do the steps I said!

Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)
The Following User Says Thank You to One-M8-Master For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]