Help with my htc one xl

OP gravity02

6th May 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Please i'm desperately in need of assistance. I tried to root hy htc one xl. After unlocking bootloader with the instructions from htcdev.com website, I tried to root it with insecurebootandboot method. The phone restarted after that and started showing some red text about copywrite. I tried to fix it by flashing a custom rom and now when I switch on the phone, it just shows the htc logo and switches off. Please any help will be greatly appreciated but keep it as simple as possible as I am still a newbie
The Following User Says Thank You to gravity02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,947 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pretty sure the red text is normal after the unlock. For the rom flash, did you also flash the boot.img via fastboot? I am certain that would have been in the instructions for installation of the rom, as it is standard for 99% of HTC Dev unlocked phones.

Also, which HTC One XL do you have? Is it from a particular region or carrier as that can be important to which files are needed to fix it. And what update was it on?
7th May 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Yes I flashed it via fastboot and its an unlocked htc one xl, not attached to any carrier. Its running on stock android 4.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread