Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with my htc one xl

Tip us?

gravity02
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help with my htc one xl

Please i'm desperately in need of assistance. I tried to root hy htc one xl. After unlocking bootloader with the instructions from htcdev.com website, I tried to root it with insecurebootandboot method. The phone restarted after that and started showing some red text about copywrite. I tried to fix it by flashing a custom rom and now when I switch on the phone, it just shows the htc logo and switches off. Please any help will be greatly appreciated but keep it as simple as possible as I am still a newbie
The Following User Says Thank You to gravity02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 499

DONATE TO ME
Pretty sure the red text is normal after the unlock. For the rom flash, did you also flash the boot.img via fastboot? I am certain that would have been in the instructions for installation of the rom, as it is standard for 99% of HTC Dev unlocked phones.

Also, which HTC One XL do you have? Is it from a particular region or carrier as that can be important to which files are needed to fix it. And what update was it on?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

gravity02
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes I flashed it via fastboot and its an unlocked htc one xl, not attached to any carrier. Its running on stock android 4.1