FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Walkman app

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By kamalaggi, Senior Member on 6th May 2014, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 5s and ordered the Xperia Z2 online.

Is the Walkman app able to play the iTunes m4a format and show the artist, song title, album name, artwork etc. I have over 4000 songs in my iTunes library. All my songs are DRM-free.

I would rather not covert these to mp3 as it would result is loss of sound quality.

Thanks
 
 
7th May 2014, 12:11 AM |#2  
Jackos's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau
Thanks Meter: 574
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi

Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 5s and ordered the Xperia Z2 online.

Is the Walkman app able to play the iTunes m4a format and show the artist, song title, album name, artwork etc. I have over 4000 songs in my iTunes library. All my songs are DRM-free.

I would rather not covert these to mp3 as it would result is loss of sound quality.

Thanks

According to the White paper the Z2 is not able to play this format.


Ref: http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/d...D6543_WP_3.pdf
Last edited by Jackos; 7th May 2014 at 12:14 AM.
7th May 2014, 02:06 AM |#3  
Q.Entity's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Poweramp plays them.

Sendt fra XPERIA Z SGP312
7th May 2014, 06:57 AM |#4  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi

Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 5s and ordered the Xperia Z2 online.

Is the Walkman app able to play the iTunes m4a format and show the artist, song title, album name, artwork etc. I have over 4000 songs in my iTunes library. All my songs are DRM-free.

I would rather not covert these to mp3 as it would result is loss of sound quality.

Thanks

m4a (or aac) is obviously read by walkman. All my music is in m4a format
7th May 2014, 08:59 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge

m4a (or aac) is obviously read by walkman. All my music is in m4a format

Does the tag information show?
7th May 2014, 01:08 PM |#6  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi

Does the tag information show?

Yes
7th May 2014, 01:13 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge

Yes

I received my Z2 in post this morning and copied all songs to memory card. All tag info is there apart from album art. Is there any way to get the album art to show?
7th May 2014, 01:19 PM |#8  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi

I received my Z2 in post this morning and copied all songs to memory card. All tag info is there apart from album art. Is there any way to get the album art to show?

Yes, there're two methods do to it:
1- Menu: "download music infos" (it can be quite long)
or
2- Listen to an album, select "modifiy music infos" and select the image that is in the album folder.
7th May 2014, 01:21 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge

Yes, there're two methods do to it:
1- Menu: "download music infos" (it can be quite long)
or
2- Listen to an album, select "modifiy music infos" and select the image that is in the album folder.

The m4a files already have the album art which I've set in iTunes.
7th May 2014, 01:27 PM |#10  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi

The m4a files already have the album art which I've set in iTunes.

I don't know, I can't help you more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes