Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Backup - intrusive and unwanted

Tip us?
 
Seahorse
Old
#1  
Seahorse's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 141
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southampton, hants
Default [Q] HTC Backup - intrusive and unwanted

Every time I install something HTC Backup pops up and asked to backup my settings to their cloud. I know this disables Google backup which I have been using for years. Furthermore there does not appear to be a way to disable the damn thing!

Suggestions please...
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My Movies
 
shorty1483
Old
#2  
shorty1483's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 331
Posts: 1,022
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
Every time I install something HTC Backup pops up and asked to backup my settings to their cloud. I know this disables Google backup which I have been using for years. Furthermore there does not appear to be a way to disable the damn thing!

Suggestions please...
In settings, I can

1st: Choose if I want to use Google or HTC for Backing Up
2nd: Disable the whole automated backup process.

HTC One (M8) - ViperOne - ElementalX or Faux Kernel - Viper4Android FX - S-Off - FW 1.54.401.5 - CID O2_102 - Root
Galaxy SIII - Now for the wife - Resurrection Remix - Boeffla Kernel - Viper4Android FX - Root

If I helped, press thanks...
 
Seahorse
Old
(Last edited by Seahorse; 13th April 2014 at 09:16 AM.)
#3  
Seahorse's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 141
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southampton, hants
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty1483 View Post
In settings, I can

1st: Choose if I want to use Google or HTC for Backing Up
2nd: Disable the whole automated backup process.
So do I, Sync is OFF but your cannot diable the HTC Backup Service and so they still pop up...
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My Movies
 
randombirt
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 200
Join Date: Oct 2011
Settings,
Backup and reset,
Backup my data... Off

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
 
WOPR47
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombirt View Post
Settings,
Backup and reset,
Backup my data... Off
I have things set this way, and still get HTC backup notifications. Any other ways to get this thing disabled? I have root
 
lampel
Old
#6  
lampel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 341
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPR47 View Post
I have things set this way, and still get HTC backup notifications. Any other ways to get this thing disabled? I have root
Freeze or uninstall with titanium backup. You could always restore it again (as long as you back it up before uninstall.)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Provider: T-Mobile US
Device: HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to lampel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WOPR47
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampel View Post
Freeze or uninstall with titanium backup. You could always restore it again (as long as you back it up before uninstall.)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
This is working great so far , thanks!
 
mwatson
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 676
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basingstoke
I'm with the OP on this. It happens whenever I install an app from the play store. Even though you can select "don't ask me again" after hitting NO it still pops up next time. Shame you have to void your warranty to be able to freeze the dam thing.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more