Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] if I put an international GSM SIM in my S4, will I lose Verizon unlimited data?

Tip us?

lukesed
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] if I put an international GSM SIM in my S4, will I lose Verizon unlimited data?

I'm going to be doing some international travel, and was planning to buy prepaid SIMs there. I understand that GSM should work with the GPE ROM, which I have installed. But I'm worried this will cause my phone to be deactivated from Verizon, and that I might lose unlimited data. I'll be over there for over a month.

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesed View Post
I'm going to be doing some international travel, and was planning to buy prepaid SIMs there. I understand that GSM should work with the GPE ROM, which I have installed. But I'm worried this will cause my phone to be deactivated from Verizon, and that I might lose unlimited data. I'll be over there for over a month.
As long as you pay your bill.
They don't know if you are traveling or your phone is just off for a month.

spyder91
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
As long as you pay your bill.
They don't know if you are traveling or your phone is just off for a month.
This is correct. Your Verizon LTE SIM is the only thing that connects to their network. So if you have another SIM in the phone, it should just appear offline to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to spyder91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]