Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Partially solved][Q] GT-N7100 download mode problem

Tip us?

H2D2
Old
(Last edited by H2D2; 7th May 2014 at 01:22 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Partially solved][Q] GT-N7100 download mode problem

Hello,

It's been a while since I last stepped foot in the xda forums as I've been happy with stock, however when kies pushed the 4.3 update to my Note 2 I've started having problems - my phone will not sleep. After 2 min timeout the display turns off and immediately turns itself on again. It then goes into a loop where it turns off and on again every second until I unlock it. This is playing havoc with my battery life (I only get about 6 hours from full charge now). I've tried disabling any setting that might cause this (like smart stay etc.), I downloaded wakelockdetector (doesn't detect anything), I've tested my sensors and sleep mode with #*0*# (sleep mode has the same problem here), and I've done multiple factory/hard resets (x5).

I want to go back to 4.1.2 because this problem only started happening with 4.3 except now I have a different problem - I can't get download mode to work so I can't flash any recovery/firmware. I get the download mode screen up via the usual 3-key method, however once I'm there it seems to disable my volume keys because they stop working. I can get into recovery mode without any problems and the volume keys work fine there, but once it loads up the download mode screen and prompts me to press vol up to start or vol down to cancel, no matter what I press nothing happens. I have to hold down the power key to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea why my Note 2 is so broken?

Would really appreciate some expert help here. Thanks in advance.

Other stuff I've tried: I've tried with and without my SDcard. I've tried formatting my SDcard. I've tried taking my battery out for 5 mins and then go straight to download mode, but still my vol keys won't work.
I got kies to do a firmware reinitialisation which downloaded 4.3 again and flashed my phone a second time but still the problem persists.

H2D2
Old
(Last edited by H2D2; 4th May 2014 at 08:54 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I guess I have no choice but to put my hope in Samsung support. It's a real kick in the teeth that the nearest official support centre is an hour and a half away from me. I think this will be the last Samsung product I buy.

ankitetah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2D2 View Post
I guess I have no choice but to put my hope in Samsung support. It's a real kick in the teeth that the nearest official support centre is an hour away from me. I think this will be the last Samsung product I buy.
Install cwm recovery and then stock rom
1.boot into recovery
2.wipe/data factory reset
3.wipe cache partition
4.go to advance and wipe dalvik cache
5.choose install zip from sd card
6.place the stock rom zip file

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

H2D2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitetah View Post
Install cwm recovery
How?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but with 4.3 comes with knox and a locked bootloader. I can't load philz or twrp zip from recovery because it errors with an unsigned message and since I can't access download mode I can't use odin.

ankitetah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Shut down your phone. pull the battery out. connect your tether cable to the phone and USB to computer. start oden, put tar file in PDA box. don't change any other settings. Put your phone in download mode by pressing both up/down volume buttons (not Power) and insert the battery. once in download mode, click on Start on oden. As for the bloatware, you are going to get whatever apps that are in the tar file. I think Some of the bloat has been removed. Not sure what, but it seems most of it is still there. I think DriveSmart is gone

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

H2D2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitetah View Post
Put your phone in download mode by pressing both up/down volume buttons (not Power) and insert the battery. once in download mode
These don't appear to be the correct instructions for a N7100. Well, thanks for the bump anyway.

keltakmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi!

Did you try to flash with mobile odin? It might be the solution if you can't access to download mode (which is weird by the way...)
The Following User Says Thank You to keltakmaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vijshar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy I have same problem

i just flash new bootloader kitkat

"Bootloader If you have MJ5 or later bootloader then no need otherwise you have to apply Reboot and wifi Fix from post #3 above
You can get idea about current bootloader with info application
If You are not worried about warranty then I strongly recommend to flash Kitkat bootloader.
Here is Kitkat bootloader from N7100_ND3 "

and now my phone was on and it will stuck on samsung logo...
i m also not able to install stock rom
help me to downgrade 4.1 old bootloader.

H2D2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltakmaster View Post
Hi!

Did you try to flash with mobile odin? It might be the solution if you can't access to download mode (which is weird by the way...)
Thank you!

Mobile odin worked. Got the pro version to thank Chainfire. Also managed to get root thanks to Kingo and I'll be donating to them as well.

Unfortunately even after flashing CM10 it hasn't fixed my sleep problem. Well, maybe I've got a hardware fault after all...funny that it coincided with the 4.3 update. I guess I've voided my warranty now but on the bright side I've finally ditched Samsung's bloatware and stock android. Here's hoping I can find a fix.