Chrome Beta v41 Update

Chrome on Android has been receiving a flurry of updates since the launch of Android 5.0 Lollipop, and earlier today … more

Microsoft Outlook Preview for Android

Microsoft has been making numerous plays on the Android platform recently with the launch of apps like … more

One in Three Apps Leak Info, One in Two Aussies Don’t care

A Norton’s Mobile Insight Tool analysis found that nearly a third of … more

Xiaomi Mi4 Launched in India

Xiaomi’s Mi3 and Redmi Note handsets were met with roaring enthusiasm in India,thousands of piecesbeing … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Knockr App:

OP mohitgalaxy3

6th May 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 372
 
1,213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Hey guys I just found Knockr app, and it work perfectly like knock code.
Try it out.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
6th May 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #2  
xanthrax's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Darkside
Thanks Meter: 9,546
 
13,660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Nice find... Where is the link... You know I'm lazy... :P

Sent from my Darkside of LG G2
6th May 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #3  
revan17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 261
 
904 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I think this will just drain your battery as it's only for OLED devices, which require no power to generate black pixels. This app basically displays a total black screen, simulating the display is turned off, while in fact it is not, so you are able to use all sorts of swipe gestures to run apps and similar. It's a great idea but on our phone it will drain the battery as the display is basically never turned off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revan17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 372
 
1,213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthrax

Nice find... Where is the link... You know I'm lazy... :P

Sent from my Darkside of LG G2

LOL are you following me here :P

Link : Here
6th May 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 372
 
1,213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan17

I think this will just drain your battery as it's only for OLED devices, which require no power to generate black pixels. This app basically displays a total black screen, simulating the display is turned off, while in fact it is not, so you are able to use all sorts of swipe gestures to run apps and similar. It's a great idea but on our phone it will drain the battery as the display is basically never turned off.

Yeah it's not properly implemented, still has some bugs.
6th May 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Chorley
Thanks Meter: 125
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitgalaxy3

Yeah it's not properly implemented, still has some bugs.

No, it is implemented fine. Just it is not designed to be used on a screen that is not OLED.
6th May 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 372
 
1,213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolder

No, it is implemented fine. Just it is not designed to be used on a screen that is not OLED.

I am talking about the bugs it has, screen-on button is also visible.
and yes it's only for OLED not for IPS..
6th May 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #8  
xanthrax's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Darkside
Thanks Meter: 9,546
 
13,660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitgalaxy3

LOL are you following me here :P

Link : Here

Oops, by mistake... [emoji12]
I'm on LG G2 now but I'm not gonna sell my Nexus 4

Sent from my Darkside of LG G2
7th May 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,136
 
7,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Screen on also means the device isn't sleeping, regardless of oled or not. Bad idea.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes