Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy S5 Sudden Death?

OP Kingithy

17th April 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hi guys,

I've had my S5 for a few days now, but I've found that it's now essentially bricked.
I rooted my G900I (Asia) using CF-Root for G900F with no issues at all. Everything worked fine, as
had been reported by several other users. I then flashed AllianceROM V1 and everything was fine.
Just yesterday, I flashed the Custom Settings patch and one of the updates, and it seemed to be ok.

Suddenly, the battery started to die fairly quickly. I didn't worry about this at the time, as it'sa new phone,
I have only performed one full battery cycle, it's probably just calibrating etc etc.
I got home and plugged it in to charge, it had gone from 40% to 13% in a few hours. I had force-stopped NFC
(which I noticed the NFC on/off tab was greyed out in the on position, still a grey toggle button though).
At around 20% i flashed OmegaROM 1.3 to see if it was the ROM causing the issue, but nothign changed.
I noticed even while plugged in I was losing battery. I switched it to Ultra Power Save mode, and the battery
stayed at a steady 9% (seemed like it was charging, but the battery was draining so fast it was just staying at 9%).

The battery estimate was 1.1 days. Within 5 hours it was dead.
I plugged it in, and saw the charging animation (just a frozen empty battery though) and after about half an hour, the
image disappeared. I tried to turn it on, but it did nothing.
I took out the battery for 30seconds/1minute, but it didn't make a difference. Charged it all night, it still won't turn on.
Has anyone heard of or experienced this before?

I'm going to try and take it back to the Samsung store to see what they say...
17th April 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 86
 
1,034 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingithy

Hi guys,

I've had my S5 for a few days now, but I've found that it's now essentially bricked.
I rooted my G900I (Asia) using CF-Root for G900F with no issues at all. Everything worked fine, as
had been reported by several other users. I then flashed AllianceROM V1 and everything was fine.
Just yesterday, I flashed the Custom Settings patch and one of the updates, and it seemed to be ok.

Suddenly, the battery started to die fairly quickly. I didn't worry about this at the time, as it'sa new phone,
I have only performed one full battery cycle, it's probably just calibrating etc etc.
I got home and plugged it in to charge, it had gone from 40% to 13% in a few hours. I had force-stopped NFC
(which I noticed the NFC on/off tab was greyed out in the on position, still a grey toggle button though).
At around 20% i flashed OmegaROM 1.3 to see if it was the ROM causing the issue, but nothign changed.
I noticed even while plugged in I was losing battery. I switched it to Ultra Power Save mode, and the battery
stayed at a steady 9% (seemed like it was charging, but the battery was draining so fast it was just staying at 9%).

The battery estimate was 1.1 days. Within 5 hours it was dead.
I plugged it in, and saw the charging animation (just a frozen empty battery though) and after about half an hour, the
image disappeared. I tried to turn it on, but it did nothing.
I took out the battery for 30seconds/1minute, but it didn't make a difference. Charged it all night, it still won't turn on.
Has anyone heard of or experienced this before?

I'm going to try and take it back to the Samsung store to see what they say...

Thats what happens when you flash custom FW. no guarantees... good luck with warranty!
17th April 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

Thats what happens when you flash custom FW. no guarantees... good luck with warranty!

I went to the samsing store and the lady swapped the battery with a demo model battery and it works just fine!
She also said that the warranty is void as I've installed a custom ROM. I just played dumb haha.
Battery doesnt seem to be draining anymore, so must have been a dud battery.

Phewwww, time to let the relief sink in.

EDIT: One thing worth noting is that the old battery was actually charging when the Samsung lady tried in another device. Not sure why, hopefully its not my phone that's draining the battery.
17th April 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Ugh, so it seems like my phone is just a faulty one.
It keeps draining the battery, even while plugged in, and after the battery has been swapped out for another.
I'll be sending this one back to the carrier to see if they can replace it for me. I've restored it back to stock, and I'll be removing the custom recovery. Hopefully they'll ignore/won't notice the tripped Knox.
Ha. Good luck to me...
17th April 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
All the best.. Hope they swap it for a new one.. keep us posted on how it goes..
17th April 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njan_ivide

All the best.. Hope they swap it for a new one.. keep us posted on how it goes..

Thanks, I'm really going to need it. 8/
6th May 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njan_ivide

All the best.. Hope they swap it for a new one.. keep us posted on how it goes..

Optus has approved my claim for a new phone!
The Optus staff member classed it as "ELF" which is Early Life Failure, so it was seen as a faulty unit, I guess.
This was decided as it was charging issue and was within 30 days of receiving the handset.

I'm just waiting on a new phone to be delivered to the store so I can pick it up!
6th May 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Congrats m8... did the staff check to see if the knox was tripped?
7th May 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njan_ivide

Congrats m8... did the staff check to see if the knox was tripped?

Thanks!
I'm not too sure at all... I haven't been told any of the details regarding how and what they checked.
The Optus staff member told me that they would just do a brief check at the assessment center.
They also didn't send it back to Samsung, they just sent it back to Optus' warehouse (though I tracked it to
TOLL Customised Solutions in Victoria).

Though I did reset everything: flashed stock ROM (though it had no Optus CSC), allowed stock recovery
to re-flash, changed all settings back to stock. The stock ROM made the ROM Status go back to "Official", as well.
So unless they checked the recovery and the KNOX counter there (I'm not sure of any other way to see it),
then they wouldn't have seen it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, dead, death, drain, sudden
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes