Any apps to force USB MASS Storage (Root) instead of MTP that work with HTC ONE M8?

7th May 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

91 posts
More
Anyone know if there are any apps to force USB MASS Storage (Root) that work with HTC ONE M8? I know several exist for Samsung devices which don't work on the M8 (i've tried) -- reason being is my car stereo goes nuts when I plug the phone in via. USB and from what i've found out it appears that it is not MTP compatible.

I use Bluetooth in the meantime but would really like to be able to plug it in via. USB so its charging.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to pfriederichs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 130

1,293 posts
I was hoping for the same thing. I had the gs3 and remember you could force the SD card to USB mass storage. If we could do the same on m8 that'd be awesome.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 174

694 posts
More
I support this question, i got problems to copy MKV and FLAC-Files to the MTP-Device using Windows 8.1..
10th July 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

213 posts
In http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54035979 I may provide a partial solution; depending on your exact need. Look for the post I sent a few minutes ago. More to come in the next days; I will test other apps, and report.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread