Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 7 isn't charging

OP Biffalothethird

6th May 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
So, I was using my FHD Nexus 7, and I usually keep a regular schedule with it. Long story short, when I put it on my USB charger at night, It never charged. I tried many different chords assuming that the one it came with died off, some didn't work entirely, some worked if I had it plugged in a certain angle, and some worked but it literally just made the battery drain slower. I heard that If I buy a wireless charger, I may get it to charge again, however until I get one, is there an temporary fix I can use to get it to charge through the port?

EDIT:I forgot to mention that I'm running ParanoidAndroid 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel.
Last edited by Biffalothethird; 6th May 2014 at 05:55 AM.
7th May 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 425

1,746 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffalothethird

So, I was using my FHD Nexus 7, and I usually keep a regular schedule with it. Long story short, when I put it on my USB charger at night, It never charged. I tried many different chords assuming that the one it came with died off, some didn't work entirely, some worked if I had it plugged in a certain angle, and some worked but it literally just made the battery drain slower. I heard that If I buy a wireless charger, I may get it to charge again, however until I get one, is there an temporary fix I can use to get it to charge through the port?

EDIT:I forgot to mention that I'm running ParanoidAndroid 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel.

The port on the board could be bad. You can pop the back off and see if you have a bad solder joint or if the board has a burnt tracer. You can really dig in and check the battery ribbon and connector. Other than that, a Qi charger should charge it for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread