Ask a question

No registration required

Cannot Mount System As R/W, HELP!

OP FreakyFreakGA

5th May 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

207 posts
Okay, I am having the weirdest of issues, on my Nexus 7 2013 both when it was running stock android 4.4.2 and now CM11, I cannot get my system to mount as R/W. Here's what I mean.

When I use Root Explorer, I can "mount" the system and it will say mounted as R/W, but ANY time it says the system is mounted as R/W and I do anything on the device that would require the system to be R/W like writing to /System folder, EVEN if Root explorer says its mounted as R/W as soon as I move a file to /System it will say something like "File system is not mounted as R/W, Mount as R/W?" which at this point it will go into R/W mode, but as soon as it's done the /System automatically seems to go back to R/O and I always have to reconfirm when I move a file to remount.

This is not such a big issue EXCEPT when I want to do ANYTHING in adb, anything I try in adb that requires that the system be in R/W will not work even in Root Explorer says the system is mounted as R/W, any time I try pushing files to /System or even trying to make a logcat the adb always comes back with "Not Allowed System Is Read Only"

My device is unlocked, rooted and has a custom recovery, and was running stock kernel with stock Android 4.4.2, but now i'm running CM11 with their kernel, I used Skipsoft Unified Toolkit for everything.
7th May 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyFreakGA

Okay, I am having the weirdest of issues, on my Nexus 7 2013 both when it was running stock android 4.4.2 and now CM11, I cannot get my system to mount as R/W. Here's what I mean.

When I use Root Explorer, I can "mount" the system and it will say mounted as R/W, but ANY time it says the system is mounted as R/W and I do anything on the device that would require the system to be R/W like writing to /System folder, EVEN if Root explorer says its mounted as R/W as soon as I move a file to /System it will say something like "File system is not mounted as R/W, Mount as R/W?" which at this point it will go into R/W mode, but as soon as it's done the /System automatically seems to go back to R/O and I always have to reconfirm when I move a file to remount.

This is not such a big issue EXCEPT when I want to do ANYTHING in adb, anything I try in adb that requires that the system be in R/W will not work even in Root Explorer says the system is mounted as R/W, any time I try pushing files to /System or even trying to make a logcat the adb always comes back with "Not Allowed System Is Read Only"

My device is unlocked, rooted and has a custom recovery, and was running stock kernel with stock Android 4.4.2, but now i'm running CM11 with their kernel, I used Skipsoft Unified Toolkit for everything.

Try ES File Explorer. Make sure you have it set to r/w also turn the root explorer on in the tools section of ES File Explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread