Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 40,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S5 locked on Reactivation Lock?

Tip us?

rolozcar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Galaxy S5 locked on Reactivation Lock?

Hello I bought my verizon galaxy s5 yesterday on craigslist knowing verizon phones now come factory unlocked and intended to use it with my T-mobile sim. When I tested the phone everything worked fine but later on when I got home I decided to factory reset it to clean it up and now I am stuck with a "reactivation locked" window asking me for the owners samsung id, I then tried contacting the seller and now he wont respond so I am stuck with it. I have now made research and know that its a security new method on verizon phones. Is there a way to fix/disable this? any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

pego99
Old
Thanks Meter 1
verizon phones now come factory unlocked??

This is news to me.

Kies or Odin might allow you to install a new image.

Dennisg34
Old
Thanks Meter 315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolozcar View Post
Hello I bought my verizon galaxy s5 yesterday on craigslist knowing verizon phones now come factory unlocked and intended to use it with my T-mobile sim. When I tested the phone everything worked fine but later on when I got home I decided to factory reset it to clean it up and now I am stuck with a "reactivation locked" window asking me for the owners samsung id, I then tried contacting the seller and now he wont respond so I am stuck with it. I have now made research and know that its a security new method on verizon phones. Is there a way to fix/disable this? any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Pretty sure you're screwed...it's an anti-theft security measure.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/52...t-features.htm

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOTED
ROM: Wizzle ROM
KERNEL:Stock
RECOVERY:SafeStrap 3.75

Galaxy S4
ROM: Eclipse ROM
KERNEL: KToonez
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.5

Before asking a question, use this:

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by pego99 View Post
verizon phones now come factory unlocked??

This is news to me.
This has been the case with 4G phones. It is sim unlocked, as in you can use other carrier's sim cards, not with an unlocked bootloader in case that is what you were thinking.

joderme
Old
Thanks Meter 251

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolozcar View Post
You will have to get it from the seller.

It likely wasn't done maliciously nor may they remember even setting it.

IIRC when setting up the phone it is an option that you can enable. Chances are it may be a password they use for many things and my not want to divulge it?

Unfortunately you will have to get ahold of them as only they know the password.

The only other thing I can think of is flashing the ODIN tar. Not sure that this will reset it anyways as when you enable this option there is a message saying that Reactivation lock must be disabled before sending your phone in for service.

deron37129
Old
Thanks Meter 35
9/10 guy probly screwed u for a claim because that feature would have to been activated it wont activate on a reset as it would have asked for password prior to reset and the fact that its asking for the Samsung id is evidence to the fact

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
i am a power ranger really i am