How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

[Q] Galaxy S5 locked on Reactivation Lock?

OP rolozcar

6th May 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
san ysidro
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hello I bought my verizon galaxy s5 yesterday on craigslist knowing verizon phones now come factory unlocked and intended to use it with my T-mobile sim. When I tested the phone everything worked fine but later on when I got home I decided to factory reset it to clean it up and now I am stuck with a "reactivation locked" window asking me for the owners samsung id, I then tried contacting the seller and now he wont respond so I am stuck with it. I have now made research and know that its a security new method on verizon phones. Is there a way to fix/disable this? any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
6th May 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

124 posts
verizon phones now come factory unlocked??

This is news to me.

Kies or Odin might allow you to install a new image.
6th May 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 322

744 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolozcar

Hello I bought my verizon galaxy s5 yesterday on craigslist knowing verizon phones now come factory unlocked and intended to use it with my T-mobile sim. When I tested the phone everything worked fine but later on when I got home I decided to factory reset it to clean it up and now I am stuck with a "reactivation locked" window asking me for the owners samsung id, I then tried contacting the seller and now he wont respond so I am stuck with it. I have now made research and know that its a security new method on verizon phones. Is there a way to fix/disable this? any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Pretty sure you're screwed...it's an anti-theft security measure.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/52...t-features.htm

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
6th May 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #4  
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pego99

verizon phones now come factory unlocked??

This is news to me.

This has been the case with 4G phones. It is sim unlocked, as in you can use other carrier's sim cards, not with an unlocked bootloader in case that is what you were thinking.
7th May 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 264

404 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolozcar

You will have to get it from the seller.

It likely wasn't done maliciously nor may they remember even setting it.

IIRC when setting up the phone it is an option that you can enable. Chances are it may be a password they use for many things and my not want to divulge it?

Unfortunately you will have to get ahold of them as only they know the password.

The only other thing I can think of is flashing the ODIN tar. Not sure that this will reset it anyways as when you enable this option there is a message saying that Reactivation lock must be disabled before sending your phone in for service.
7th May 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #6  
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 35

244 posts
More
9/10 guy probly screwed u for a claim because that feature would have to been activated it wont activate on a reset as it would have asked for password prior to reset and the fact that its asking for the Samsung id is evidence to the fact

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread