Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 Version

Tip us?

onyxius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Nexus 7 Version

Hi, I purchased my nexus 7 about 3 years ago, and now they have the new nexus 7 which has a lot more features. Is there a lot of hardware changes made to the new nexus vs the one that came out 3 years go, I'm wondering if I can update my rooted nexus 7 to have the features and stuff of the newer nexus 7.

Thanks

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2766
Have you kept your older N7 up to date with updates?

Software wise there wouldn't be a big difference.... But the new n7 could have hardware features the old one doesn't have....nothing you can do about it.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

onyxius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Have you kept your older N7 up to date with updates?

Software wise there wouldn't be a big difference.... But the new n7 could have hardware features the old one doesn't have....nothing you can do about it.
Yes, I usually update it all the time and re-root it. I saw that there was an app that came with it that would turn the tablet into a kids tablet, then you can put in a security code and it turns the tablet into a normal tablet, i'm not sure what it is called.

exglynco
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have the older 2012 and newer 2013 N7 models. Both are running Android 4.4.2 and the same apps. The newer N7 clocks ~50 faster Antutu scores, and has a 5 Mp front camera and wireless charging capability that the older model can't touch.