Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A newbie question about RTL languages on Lenovo A690

Tip us?
 
iyuvalk
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Question [Q] A newbie question about RTL languages on Lenovo A690

Hi,

I recently purchased a Lenovo A690 smartphone on a Chinese website and now I tried to configure it to use Hebrew for menus, buttons etc. It shows the Hebrew in reversed characters order.

It has Android 2.3.6 installed and even after I checked the system updates screen it doesn't show any available updates for it. Is it possible to fix this? If so how?

Thanks a lot,
Yuval.
 
kermage
Old
#2  
kermage's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 289
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Iligan City
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyuvalk View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased a Lenovo A690 smartphone on a Chinese website and now I tried to configure it to use Hebrew for menus, buttons etc. It shows the Hebrew in reversed characters order.

It has Android 2.3.6 installed and even after I checked the system updates screen it doesn't show any available updates for it. Is it possible to fix this? If so how?

Thanks a lot,
Yuval.
maybe it doesnt really have any available updates at all..
 
iyuvalk
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Default That sounds unlikely... the version is from 2012 - and there's another issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermage View Post
maybe it doesnt really have any available updates at all..
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply but I really think that it's highly unlikely that there are no updates for the OS... that version (2.3.6) is from 2012... something must have happened since then...

Also, what I'm really interested in solving is the Hebrew characters order. Besides, isn't it possible to upgrade it to KitKat?

T.I.A,
Yuval.
 
kermage
Old
#4  
kermage's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 289
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Iligan City
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyuvalk View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply but I really think that it's highly unlikely that there are no updates for the OS... that version (2.3.6) is from 2012... something must have happened since then...

Also, what I'm really interested in solving is the Hebrew characters order. Besides, isn't it possible to upgrade it to KitKat?

T.I.A,
Yuval.
phone updates really depend on the manufacturer..you can somehow update/modify your phone through custom ROMs..
regarding the Hebrew character order, i really dont know about that.. sorry
KitKat? again still depends on the manufacturer..
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes