Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 46,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen orientation landscape back to portrait not working

Tip us?

mtadao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Screen orientation landscape back to portrait not working

My galaxy advance NFC version no longer goes back to portrait after going to landscape mode even after calibration and tilting it the other way makes it swing to the opposite landscape mode. It only goes to portrait when back to home screen. The phone is rooted and Corecore 9.8 and i had recently installed CM10.2 but did not like it and went back to 4.1.2 I9070PXXLPE and i suspect thats when the problem started. I have wiped caches factory reset and re installed several times with no success. Help guys

R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtadao View Post
My galaxy advance NFC version no longer goes back to portrait after going to landscape mode even after calibration and tilting it the other way makes it swing to the opposite landscape mode. It only goes to portrait when back to home screen. The phone is rooted and Corecore 9.8 and i had recently installed CM10.2 but did not like it and went back to 4.1.2 I9070PXXLPE and i suspect thats when the problem started. I have wiped caches factory reset and re installed several times with no success. Help guys
I don't remember if in CM10.2 exist some Screen Calibration, but in JB 4.1.2 don't exist for sure. Try with CM10.2 and if not, you must downgrade to GB and do from there a caqlibration.
I have that issue in 4.1.2 and downgraded to GB, after that all is fine.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to R_a_z_v_a_n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mtadao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oh I will have to go GB? I have to check out how it's done. I got mine with JB out of box

Sent from my GT-I9070P using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtadao View Post
Oh I will have to go GB? I have to check out how it's done. I got mine with JB out of box
I'm afraid you must downgrade to do that, but first try with CM10.2 and see if you can do that, i don't remember.

For downgrade use this guide EXACTLY: [ Solved ] How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R_a_z_v_a_n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]