Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N900 Russia NC4 update

Tip us?

pikwan80
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoboss View Post
I put my Note on the Russian kitkat to prevent the random freezing on the OS before NC4.

Today, I got a software upgrade for
N900XXUDND1.

Does anyone know what is fixed or in need of updating?

Is N900XXUDND1 safe?

So far NC4 is stable for me; if there are no major issues, I'm staying on it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

I'm safe at N900XXUDND1-XSE looks like samsung passes NC4 for my country, Now I'm in N900XXUDND1-XSE version, still encounter nothing ( testing ), rooted with CWM 6.0.4.7 , super SU 1.94, and editted platform.xml to fix external SDCard writing Issue. btw your NC4 in official status??? if yes, could it write any files into external SD card??? My hand is too fast when first install DND1, I've rooted and write my platform.xml, and I didn't taste the official status.

Note : I've seen the changelist on sammobile, XXUDNC4 and XXUDND1 has the same changelist number. does it have a fix???? Since only russia got NC4 update before ND1 comes out.

Guys, does this N900XXUDND1 has fixes extSD writing issue????

Thanks.

lagoboss
Old
(Last edited by lagoboss; 26th April 2014 at 09:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikwan80 View Post
btw your NC4 in official status??? if yes, could it write any files into external SD card???
Guys, does this N900XXUDND1 has fixes extSD writing issue????
I would do a screenshot, but the xda application keeps force closing.

My baseband is: N900XXUDNC1
My Build Number is: KOT49H.N900XXUDNC4
It is all stock and official.

I have not experienced any sd card writing issues. The problem was not salient to me because I stopped using my 16gb sd card for music playback due to battery drain.

I was always under the impression that sd card writing needed an android permission after 4.4.X.
"<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE" />"

I just tested writing a .jpeg to my sd card using File Manager (Explorer) by Rhythm Software and it worked.

pikwan80
Old
(Last edited by pikwan80; 27th April 2014 at 03:55 AM.) Reason: add
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
I would do a screenshot, but the xda application keeps force closing.

My baseband is: N900XXUDNC1
My Build Number is: KOT49H.N900XXUDNC4
It is all stock and official.

I have not experienced any sd card writing issues. The problem was not salient to me because I stopped using my 16gb sd card for music playback due to battery drain.

I was always under the impression that sd card writing needed an android permission after 4.4.X.
"<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE" />"

I just tested writing a .jpeg to my sd card using File Manager (Explorer) by Rhythm Software and it worked.
Thanks for the info,
Writing any files using File Manager or Root Explorer and ES File explorer always ok, but other application like youtube downloader, Office Suite Pro, you'll experience that SD Card Writing Issue. I experienced this issue when saving a document using Office Suite Pro v7.4.1610. For battery drain, I haven't experience that, I played Music on my sandisk ultra 64gb, and battery still good since kitkat XXUDNA version ( SER ), my first kitkat test. For this DND1 I haven't try, coz just installed. BTW I always do the fresh Flashing. Since I have rooted N900, I always do format/system, format/cache, format/data, and format/sdcard using CWM 6.0.4.7 then flash using odin, so when new firmware comes out, I always do that steps before flashing. Until now I never experienced battery drain issue, Lagging and heating.
My N900 now rooted and I editted my platform.xml ( adding permission writing external storage ).

My baseband is : XXUDND1
My Firmware : KOT49H.N900XXUDND1 ( XSE )
Stock Official and become custom because of CWM

Thanks

lagoboss
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikwan80 View Post
Thanks for the info,
Writing any files using File Manager or Root Explorer and ES File explorer always ok, but other application like youtube downloader, Office Suite Pro, you'll experience that SD Card Writing Issue. I experienced this issue when saving a document using Office Suite Pro v7.4.1610. For battery drain, I haven't experience that, I played Music on my sandisk ultra 64gb, and battery still good since kitkat XXUDNA version ( SER ), my first kitkat test. For this DND1 I haven't try, coz just installed. BTW I always do the fresh Flashing. Since I have rooted N900, I always do format/system, format/cache, format/data, and format/sdcard using CWM 6.0.4.7 then flash using odin, so when new firmware comes out, I always do that steps before flashing. Until now I never experienced battery drain issue, Lagging and heating.
My N900 now rooted and I editted my platform.xml ( adding permission writing external storage ).

My baseband is : XXUDND1
My Firmware : KOT49H.N900XXUDND1 ( XSE )
Stock Official and become custom because of CWM

Thanks

I just researched the write issue and it seems to be a security feature. They want the phone to be more secure at the sacrifice of our convenience. I doubt that it was fixed in DNC4. I'll download one of those apps and try though.

As far as the sd card causing battery drain, it was media server using like 60% of the battery and making the phone really hot. That happened on some official 4.3 rom. Since I have 32 gb, I just removed the sd card.

I have started clearing the cache and flashing stock roms with odin as well to make the software update smoother. However, I have no reliable backup method. My SM-p600 just got a software update notice but I cannot backup with Kies because the backup keeps failing. It is so time consuming to reconfigure the device to the way it was without a real backup.

Since it would cost 200 dollars round trip to send my phone to the country it is supposed to be in if it needed warranty service, I may as well root it and install that custom recovery thing. I assume that trips the Knox counter. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to lagoboss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pikwan80
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
I just researched the write issue and it seems to be a security feature. They want the phone to be more secure at the sacrifice of our convenience. I doubt that it was fixed in DNC4. I'll download one of those apps and try though.

Since it would cost 200 dollars round trip to send my phone to the country it is supposed to be in if it needed warranty service, I may as well root it and install that custom recovery thing. I assume that trips the Knox counter. :/

Thanks for the info.
Once you flash CWM into your N900, status changed into CUSTOM and your KNOX became 1.

My N900 still official ROM N900XXUDND1-XSE, and I only flash CWM and Super SU + root explorer 2.21 and ediited platform.xml, That's all, now it's stable.

madahab
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up Great Rom

with this rom (no root) with freezing some apps and with no SD card and with location OFF and brightness 50%
i have a great stability and a wonderful battery draining (about 36 hrs) with normal use.