Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Categorised app drawer like TagHome?

Tip us?

puppettestpilot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Categorised app drawer like TagHome?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a HomeScreen/Launcher app that is similar to "For 2.2+, Tag Home(Launcher)" that is compatible with Android 4.2+ ?

Namely, the categorised app drawer.

I used TagHome on my Nexus One for four years and loved it, but it's not compatible with SGS4/Android 4.2+.

I have done a lot of searching and experimenting, the only one I could find that comes close is "ADWLauncher EX".
But the setup and maintenance of app's categories is horrible compared to the simplicity of TagHome.

To clarify the setup, in TagHome you go: edit mode, select an app then choose it's category.
Where as in ADWex, you go: edit mode, select a category then choose all the apps that belong to it.

It might not seem like a big deal but it means the difference between scrolling through and scrutinising all your apps only once or many, many times.
Also, after the initial setup, when new apps are installed, there is no having to search for them among all apps in order to categorise them.

I have tried contacting the developers of both apps. No response from either.
But ADW did add an uncategorised tab, though it's pointless with the above described setup/edit mode they use.

I have a very large collection of apps and games and I like trying out new ones regularly. Being able to categorise my apps is important to me.

I'd love to hear any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Aussie Cheers,
Puppet Test Pilot

PS sorry if this post is in the wrong thread, admins feel free to move it.

puppettestpilot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Make me a Launcher like TakHome?

Me again..

I came across this "[HOW TO] Create your own Android Launcher (Video Series)" but its way beyond my abilities.

Would I be asking too much for someone here to please make me a Launcher like TagHome for Android 4.2+ ?

Kind regards,
Puppet Test Pilot

puppettestpilot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppettestpilot View Post
anyone?
Its kinda differet, but SmartLauncher is really great and amazingly fast

Or give Nova Launcher a try. Provides creating own app categories/tabs
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kobro
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Go launcher ex does that automatically.
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puppettestpilot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you LS.xD and Kobro, I'll check-out these three launchers and let you know what I think.

Cheers

puppettestpilot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so I've played around with all three for an hour or so and I think I like Go Launcher EX, its really easy to categorise apps.
Smart Launcher was good but adding and changing categories is only available in Pro version.
Nova Launcher has no categories except in Pro version.

Thanks again

Tags
adw launcher ex, app categories, categorised app drawer, categorized app drawer, taghome