Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 49,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with roms please

Tip us?
 
confrontation
Old
#1  
confrontation's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 210
Join Date: Feb 2010
Angry Help with roms please

I have downloaded a few roms for my AT&T I717 Note.
WhenI try to install them via CWM I get an error STATUS 7 , "this package is for SGH-I717 quincyatt. devices; this is a i717"
Under the battery it shows it as a GT-I717.
I cant seem to find a Rom for it

I had flashed this ROM
KIES_HOME_I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3_1117019_REV02_user_ low_ship.tar.md5 before trying to install the other ROMs
**Past Phones... iPhone 3G, N900, Nexus One, Samsung Vibrant , Samsung Captivate , iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix 4G , Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation 4G, HTC HD7, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Z, Samsung galaxy S4 and an HTC One7. Current Phone NONE as I'm waiting on an HTC One M8**
 
captemo
Old
#2  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,004
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by confrontation View Post
I have downloaded a few roms for my AT&T I717 Note.
WhenI try to install them via CWM I get an error STATUS 7 , "this package is for SGH-I717 quincyatt. devices; this is a i717"
Under the battery it shows it as a GT-I717.
I cant seem to find a Rom for it

I had flashed this ROM
KIES_HOME_I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3_1117019_REV02_user_ low_ship.tar.md5 before trying to install the other ROMs
Your recovery simply needs updated. Make sure you have the newer files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

 
pstrulm
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
Your recovery simply needs updated. Make sure you have the newer files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
I'm having the same problem. Can define how to 'update' a recovery and point me to an explanation of how to do it? Thanks
 
captemo
Old
#4  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,004
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrulm View Post
I'm having the same problem. Can define how to 'update' a recovery and point me to an explanation of how to do it? Thanks
What recovery are you running now?
CWM 6.?.?.?.
TWRP 2.?.?.?

Are you getting status 7?

What are you trying to flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

 
pstrulm
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
What recovery are you running now?
CWM 6.?.?.?.
TWRP 2.?.?.?

Are you getting status 7?

What are you trying to flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks captemo. Checked CWM and it's 5.5.0.4. Sounds like a problem, doesn't it? The ROM was Beanstalk 4.4.4001 - 20140621 - quincyatt_2.zip. The bezel on my Note is not designated ATT, so I'm wondering if it will not accept this ROM. The label under the battery simply says "Samsung SGH-i717".
Thanks again for any help.
 
captemo
Old
#6  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,004
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrulm View Post
Thanks captemo. Checked CWM and it's 5.5.0.4. Sounds like a problem, doesn't it? The ROM was Beanstalk 4.4.4001 - 20140621 - quincyatt_2.zip. The bezel on my Note is not designated ATT, so I'm wondering if it will not accept this ROM. The label under the battery simply says "Samsung SGH-i717".
Thanks again for any help.
Thats a pretty old version and many KK roms wont flash with them.

There is a TWRP 2.7.1.0 from Gimmieorilltell in Development.
There is also an update CWM Touch, I beleive 6.0.4.7

Both of them are flashable zips. Download and flash like any rom. Once you boot up into whatever rom you are now on, or I guess you could pull battery, but next time you boot into recovery your new one will be there.

TWRP is super easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

 
pstrulm
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Wow! I'm feeling pretty dumb here, but when I attempt to flash the TWRP 2.7.1.0 zip through CWM 5.5.0.4, it returns:
"Installing update. . .
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH - I727" getprop("ro.product.device") == "skyrocket"
getprop("ro.build.product") == "skyrocket"
E:Error in /emmc/jjd-openreovery-twrp-skyrocket-2.7.1.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

And when I attempt CWM 6.0.4.7, it defaults back to 5.5.0.4 when I reboot into recovery. Any ideas? These are not supposed to be installed through Odin3, are they?
 
Matholameu
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: GTA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrulm View Post
Wow! I'm feeling pretty dumb here, but when I attempt to flash the TWRP 2.7.1.0 zip through CWM 5.5.0.4, it returns:
"Installing update. . .
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH - I727" getprop("ro.product.device") == "skyrocket"
getprop("ro.build.product") == "skyrocket"
E:Error in /emmc/jjd-openreovery-twrp-skyrocket-2.7.1.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

And when I attempt CWM 6.0.4.7, it defaults back to 5.5.0.4 when I reboot into recovery. Any ideas? These are not supposed to be installed through Odin3, are they?
I'll help you get TWRP 2.7 on your phone. Download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqTHRvRk5PVjhXTlE/edit?usp=sharing
Then use Odin 3.07 available here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqbUt3WEl3YzZxWFE/edit?usp=sharing to flash it with.
(You'll have to copy and paste the links because I'm still a new member.)
You will flash Odin in the PDA slot. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked.
Both of the links above are to my google drive so I know the files work. Good luck! Let me know how it went.

(I'm sure you know this but I'm tired and just to be safe, Volume down and power button on your phone at the same time for download mode. You'll need to enter it to use Odin.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matholameu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
captemo
Old
#9  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,004
Posts: 1,478
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrulm View Post
Wow! I'm feeling pretty dumb here, but when I attempt to flash the TWRP 2.7.1.0 zip through CWM 5.5.0.4, it returns:
"Installing update. . .
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH - I727" getprop("ro.product.device") == "skyrocket"
getprop("ro.build.product") == "skyrocket"
E:Error in /emmc/jjd-openreovery-twrp-skyrocket-2.7.1.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

And when I attempt CWM 6.0.4.7, it defaults back to 5.5.0.4 when I reboot into recovery. Any ideas? These are not supposed to be installed through Odin3, are they?
This is making me think you are not reading OP. I have used both files and never had "skyrocket" anything. Did you get files from right place.

If you read OP's you may have seen that these are flashable zips. There are file that will go through Odin, but flashing like rom is just so easy.

Let us know how it goes and dont forget to thank the pereon who provided with Odin files. Sorry cant remember name while typing here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pstrulm
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Thanks to all, but I'm in a big mess now. I downloaded TWRP, downloaded through Odin, was up and running well. Backed up system in TWRP, re-attempted to flash Beanstalk, but no luck. Wiped and tried to restore original backup . . . nothing! Now after several attempts, my phone won't even turn on and go into TWRP. Am I finished? The Samsung Galaxy Note will not boot to anything. In fact there is no response with phone even with fully charged battery. Heeeellllllllpppppp!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes