Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Somebody tried and compared major 3rd party ROMs?

Tip us?

NLS
Old
(Last edited by NLS; 7th May 2014 at 10:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default [Q] Somebody tried and compared major 3rd party ROMs?

I need to refresh my N7000, rooted, using some philz kernel (don't know version), latest stock ROM.
Unfortunately the device has reached its limitations, I am constantly out of memory and (internal) storage space.
I tried every possible cleanup (without wiping the device).

Since I *will* wipe the device, I am thinking, why no try some (hopefully now mature) 3rd party ROM?

So... anybody that HAS tried more than one, can help me choose?
I do not have time to flash and reflash, I will choose one and go with it (possibly the last update of my N7000).

Requirements:

- Would love to be KitKat, but not a strict requirement.

- ALL hardware to work (so "fm radio is not working" or issues with the pen etc. throws out the ROM). (EDIT: FM working with 3rd party app IS an option for me, but I need to know compatibility)

- Light and fast, but not ultra-light to the point of me having to manually install vital "stock" apps.

- No issues with Google Play etc.

- In active development or at least "fresh enough" (I would prefer, not eight months old build).

...anybody cares to help me - point me to the right direction?
Please?

(mostly looking for CyanogenMod, SlimKat and OmniROM - as ParadroidAndroid makes clear FM doesn't work)
NLS
*** I WANT YOUR SERVICE initiative ***
My Blog

Devices: (many in the past, still in possesion the following) HTC Touch Pro 6.5.3 NRG, HTC HD2 (RULEZ) 6.5.3 Artemis, Samsung Galaxy Note (magic).

USE FORUM SEARCH! USE GOOGLE SEARCH!

Also: THIS guy is unbelievable! (in a bad way)

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,594
Hi,

It seems you have answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
...anybody cares to help me - point me to the right direction?
Please?

(mostly looking for CyanogenMod, SlimKat and OmniROM - as ParadroidAndroid makes clear FM doesn't work)
Just take a look at the OP posts, as well as the last few pages of the thread to see if any major issues persists. The 3 options that you have narrowed down on are well established roms, so should not pose problems. You can also search around on youtube if you need extended reveiews on them.

That being said, we do not allow comparison (/best rom) threads on XDA as they more often escalate into arguments about people's opinion.

Thread Closed.

A.cid
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe