Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast alarm clock

Tip us?

Beron69
Old
(Last edited by Beron69; 4th May 2014 at 09:34 PM.) Reason: Typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Chromecast alarm clock

I have a tv with chromecast in my bedroom. I can wake up the tv from standby by starting a cast.

It would have been really nice to be able to use the chromecast as an alarm clock waking up the tv, sound an alarm and showing information like weather, a to do list for the day and so on.

Is this possible ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Beron69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demass430
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Idk but that sounds dope hopefully it is. If I had the skill to build something like this I definitely would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to demass430 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vw65bus
Old
Thanks Meter 26
That would be sweet, hopefully someone will work on this for us. Great idea Beron69

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vw65bus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mayoline
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Chromecast alarm clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beron69 View Post
I have a tv with chromecast in my bedroom. I can wake up the tv from standby by starting a cast.

It would have been really nice to be able to use the chromecast as an alarm clock waking up the tv, sound an alarm and showing information like weather, a to do list for the day and so on.

Is this possible ?

There is a app called wake me up cast which will wake you up, while the tv is in standby mode. Maybe thats something for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mayoline For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]