Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,396 Members 36,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery mode and clockword mode

Tip us?

rohith.gm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Recovery mode and clockword mode

Hi,

I am new to android world. Can you please tell me the difference between recovery mode and clockword mode ??? I want to install a zip file to my galaxy ace (s5830, not rooted, Gingerbread ) but it is not working. The website says clockwork mode is required for this . Will i be able to use the recovery mode in samsung phones for this ??

I tried to update using recovery mode on ace but it doesnt seem to work.

How can i put this to work??

Please help!

Thanks in advance

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohith.gm View Post
Hi,

I am new to android world. Can you please tell me the difference between recovery mode and clockword mode ??? I want to install a zip file to my galaxy ace (s5830, not rooted, Gingerbread ) but it is not working. The website says clockwork mode is required for this . Will i be able to use the recovery mode in samsung phones for this ??

Please help!

Thanks in advance
root your device and then flash cwm ..

and this is s5830i section..so ask youe question in s5830 section

ѕєηт яσм αcє-ι-cσσρєяνє
The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohith.gm View Post
Hi,

Please help!

Thanks in advance
Recovery mode is usually the place which will allow you to flash roms, kernels, scripts, etc. By default, you have Samsung's stock recovery mode. Clockwork Mode or CWM is a custom recovery mode that offer much more option than the stock recovery mode. Now assuming that you have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and not Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i, here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

Download Root.zip from that link and place it in your sd card. Now switch off the device and boot in to recovery mode (Home+ Power button). Now select "Apply Update from SD Card" and then choose Root.zip. Done. Now you have successfully rooted the device. Follow the same steps for installing CWM too.

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rohith.gm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi View Post
root your device and then flash cwm ..

and this is s5830i section..so ask youe question in s5830 section

ѕєηт яσм αcє-ι-cσσρєяνє

Sorry I didnt check whether the forum was for s5830 or s5830i Thanks for the reply by the way