Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved!] - Harmon Kardon - Breaking Data with Viper Rom Issue

Tip us?

intellem0s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default I got it !

I had to start fresh with the files. Somewhere along the way, the files might have gotten corrupt because they weren't working like the fresh download did.

I redownloaded the files and went through the steps again. Instead of the H/K Showing up in the setting like it did the first time (And broke date the first time), it didn't show up at all.

I followed step 2 and edited the XML. In which case it still didn't show up, but data was still working.

I followed the last step and downloaded the verizon_hk_settings_fix.zip because my phone apparently uses a different settings .apk, rebooted and now all is working.

Thank you guys so much for the suggestions!

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by intellem0s View Post
I had to start fresh with the files. Somewhere along the way, the files might have gotten corrupt because they weren't working like the fresh download did.

I redownloaded the files and went through the steps again. Instead of the H/K Showing up in the setting like it did the first time (And broke date the first time), it didn't show up at all.

I followed step 2 and edited the XML. In which case it still didn't show up, but data was still working.

I followed the last step and downloaded the verizon_hk_settings_fix.zip because my phone apparently uses a different settings .apk, rebooted and now all is working.

Thank you guys so much for the suggestions!
Nice one, Glad you got it sorted.

Just a note for the future (you probably already know this)

Re the music enhancements that these zips can give you - to me there is no replacement for good quality audio files and playing around with EQ settings to you get what sounds good for you (after all it is subjective_

They take up more space admittedly but lossless audio (FLAC) files are much higher quality and will do more for your ears than a piece of what is after all really tweaked EQ settings. (Which you can do yourself with the right software)

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

BTW - Could you change the title of the thread to have SOLVED at the beginning - this will help anyone with a similar problem.

To edit title - just go to the One M8 Q&A forum screen and click on the blank space to the right of this thread - it will allow you to alter title

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

intellem0s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Nice one, Glad you got it sorted.

Just a note for the future (you probably already know this)

Re the music enhancements that these zips can give you - to me there is no replacement for good quality audio files and playing around with EQ settings to you get what sounds good for you (after all it is subjective_

They take up more space admittedly but lossless audio (FLAC) files are much higher quality and will do more for your ears than a piece of what is after all really tweaked EQ settings. (Which you can do yourself with the right software)

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

BTW - Could you change the title of the thread to have SOLVED at the beginning - this will help anyone with a similar problem.

To edit title - just go to the One M8 Q&A forum screen and click on the blank space to the right of this thread - it will allow you to alter title
Done ! Thanks Again