Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N7000 Very Poor Signal....

Tip us?

treesmoker
Old
(Last edited by treesmoker; 6th May 2014 at 11:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] N7000 Very Poor Signal....

Hey Guys,

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 that used to be my partners and we have just given it to her younger sister to use. Her sister is on Vodafone and for some reason the phone gets no signal 90% of the time.

The phone is definitely unlocked as I have managed to get 1 bar of signal using her Vodafone signal and make a phone call and send a text.

What's strange is that my S4 i9505 on Vodafone gets 5 bars of signal in the same place that the N7000 barely gets one. Could this because of the older hardware in the N7000, or the older modem version on the N7000, or because it is currently running on Avatar ROM 4.2.2?

Just to clarify, I have never flashed the modem with Odin, I have only flashed ROMs via Philz Recovery.

Many thanks.

Azeazezar
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesmoker View Post
Hey Guys,

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 that used to be my partners and we have just given it to her younger sister to use. Her sister is on Vodafone and for some reason the phone gets no signal 90% of the time.

The phone is definitely unlocked as I have managed to get 1 bar of signal using her Vodafone signal and make a phone call and send a text.

What's strange is that my S4 i9505 on Vodafone gets 5 bars of signal in the same place that the N7000 barely gets one. Could this because of the older hardware in the N7000, or the older modem version on the N7000, or because it is currently running on Avatar ROM 4.2.2?

Just to clarify, I have never flashed the modem with Odin, I have only flashed ROMs via Philz Recovery.

Many thanks.
I am guessing its the antenna connection on the main-board. try disconnecting-reconnecting that.
Or a wrongly replaced USB board.
Klaatu barada nikto!
The Following User Says Thank You to Azeazezar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kael ruch
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have no problen in sigmal. everything is alright.